Is it done? Have I given my power away? Do I try one last time?

I've only been dating this guy about a month. We started having trouble with our form of communication. He would text all the time and rarely call. Yes, I know I could have called him but I had a hard time with it. I would always immediately respond when he texted. This past week, with my dog being sick (which he knew about) I really needed him to reach out. He didn't. Just a text here and there.I started getting angry, thinking it was inconsiderate. I had been WONDERFUL to his dog and *I* would have called.

Anyway, the following texts happened yesterday and now - even though I DID send him a text last night saying "Would you like to talk?" I got NO REPLY. I reached out to him, as it seems he wanted me to, and zip. I also had invited him to a family member's birthday party tomorrow and think this is so wrong.

Here are the texts.

Him: "Morning, are you there? Haven't heard much from you recently."

Me: "Ditto."

Him: "Ditto to "morning" or ditto to "are you there" or ditto to "haven't heard much from you?"

Me: First and last.

Him: "Well, I don't get responses to many of my texts, and you never initiate contact. That says to me you don't want more contact, you want less."

(NOTE:) I ALWAYS REPLY TO HIS TEXTS. *HE* HAS NOT REPLIED TO A FEW OF MINE.

Me: "You get less response because you TEXT all the time."

Him: "You get less because you do neither."

Me: "Ok. Understood." (ALL I HAD WANTED WAS FOR HIM TO CALL. WHEN HE SAID THE ABOVE TEXT I HAD TO STOP THE CONVERSATION).

About 11 pm last night I texted, "Would you like to talk?"

As I write this, I have gotten no reply. So, do I just take the hint? I can't believe he would act this way. I thought he liked me. I reached out to him, as he wanted, and I get ignored?

My mother said I should call him because I had invited him to a family member's party tomorrow.

I don't know what to do.

Thx.

What Guys Said 1

• You sounded like a cold bitch through texts, I think you should call him

• I did? I will admit to feeling very hurt that he didn't call when he knew my dog was sick, but I did text him last night and asked if he wanted to talk. He never replied. Should I take the hint and leave hin alone? He was supposed to go with me to a birthday party tomorrow.

• I don't want to just let it go but I'm asking ... shouldn't I take the hint that he no longer wants to talk to me since he never replied to my text? I specifically asked if he wanted to talk. I got no answer. He was also supposed to go to a birthday party with me tomorrow.

• I'm not sure if you're trolling me? I'm trying to help you, but it's getting annoying repeating the same damn thing over and over again. Let's try this again..

YOU WERE A BITCH TO HIM, HE'S UNSURE WHAT TO DO BECAUSE HE FEELS LIKE YOU'RE NOT INTERESTED IN HIM(OBVIOUSLY SEEING THE TEXTS YOU SENT HIM) AND NOW HE JUST DOESN'T WANT TO GET HURT. SO GROW SOME BALLS AND CALL HIM OR JUST LEAVE HIM ALONE FOREVER. THANKS.

What Girls Said 0