Last contact .... do I let it go?

I will start with the LAST TEXT sent.

This is from ME to the guy I've been dating about a month -> "Would you like to talk?"

That text was sent around 11 pm last night and he never replied. I tell myself to let it go, to not make a fool of myself by calling or sending another text. That he made himself quite clear by not replying. But I thought we had something going, that this was a misfire of communication - and it was ABOUT communicating (text via calling). I'll admit, I probably could have texted or called more but he was new to me and it was hard. But (after the texts outlined below that took place BEFORE the text noted above) I DID try to talk to him. He ignored me. I say, let it go. He gave you his answer. But others tell me to call. But you call someone who you ASKED if they wanted to talk and they never replied?

Here are the texts that came PRIOR to the one above.

Him: "Morning, are you there? Haven't heard much from you recently."

Me: "Ditto."

Him: "Ditto to "morning" or ditto to "are you there" or ditto to "haven't heard much from you?"

Me: First and last.

Him: "Well, I don't get responses to many of my texts, and you never initiate contact. That says to me you don't want more contact, you want less."

(NOTE:) I ALWAYS REPLY TO HIS TEXTS. *HE* HAS NOT REPLIED TO A FEW OF MINE.

Me: "You get less response because you TEXT all the time."

Him: "You get less because you do neither."

Me: "Ok. Understood." (ALL I HAD WANTED WAS FOR HIM TO CALL. WHEN HE SAID THE ABOVE TEXT I HAD TO STOP THE CONVERSATION).

Later that night, I sent him the text I first noted "Would you like to talk?" He never replied.

Do I take the hint?

Thx.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• Forget it and move on. Not worth overanalyzing .