Why do girls randomly text guys they normally never text?

So there's this chick who was in a couple of my classes last year. She's a high school senior; I'm a college freshmen. At the time, I thought she was interested in me because she told my sister to tell me so, but when I got her digits, I don't know she's never been very responsive through text, even though we talked all the time in class. Anyway, its probably been like a month since we last chatted, I'm away at college, and she sends me this text late at night, "How ya liking school?" I don't know it just seems out of the blue to me. Is she just being friendly? Is she maybe still interested? Was she ever interested? This chick is so damn hard to read!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think she either a) wants to start talking to you again b) was bored, and decided to text you or c) just wants to know what's going on with you.

What Girls Said 2

• do you ever actually call her? some people hate a text relationship its so impersonal,call her and talk more

• she's called me once, but it was to cancel seeing a movie. do you girls actually like talking to guys on the phone?

• i would much rather talk on the phone,texting can be misinterpreted

• I feel like we don't know each other well enough. Like we talked and joked around in class, but I don't know I never really thought about calling her. I mean the closest I got to a "date" was seeing a movie with her and her friend so not really a date anyway. I was just surprised by the recent text because very rarely in the 4 or 5 months I've had her number has she texted me first, and never out of the blue. I don't know y, this just struck me as strange, I'm probably just reading too deep into it lol

• So something kinda similar happened to me and I wasn't sure if I should text or not. I kept thinking what if he is playing games. What if he doesn't want to hear from me? What if he finds me annoying? Best of all what do I say?

What Guys Said 0