Girl shows no emotion/interest in her messages?

Been dating with this girl I met recently and we've been since IMing each other almost daily. It seems while we are on talking terms and we sometimes share a laugh (when I send her funny stuff) she doesn't show any other emotion in her texting ie. smilies, hearts etc. Sometimes there are delays in her replies when I send it to her etc. In any case it is always me initiating the chat first...she never sends a reply back first to ask how I am. Is this normal, is she afraid or is she not really interested in me? She did recently cancel a second date to the movies to say she was recovering from a high fever...

Most Helpful Guy

• stop texting and don't call her for a week. if she doesn't contact you, break it over, she doesn't care about you.

• I figured that so that's what I'm planning to do...

Thanks for the help anyways

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately it doesn't sound like she's really interested...

What Guys Said 2

• Your headline statement is a perfect reason why you should be having conversations in person, and quit wasting time texting or IMing. Perceived emotion can never be trusted. You only really know how a girl feels about you when you're with her in person. Her facial expressions, body language,and tone of voice tell you everything...all of which are lost in message communication.

• a chat-mate is a chat-mate. nothing more. when there's no potential for a deeper relation no one can help it.