He teases me about my hair color often? Would you date a girl even if you didn't like her hair color?

I'm a ginger, and all my guy friends love teasing me about having no soul. The guy I like does it too, maybe more than the other 3 guys. Usually I joke about it with them because they can be really funny, but I'm starting to feel insecure because I don't know if the guy I like would like me because of my hair color. It's quite orange, and I don't think he would think of marrying a ginger because of the risk of having ginger kids... He didn't say that, and his teasing has never been mean enough to hurt my feelings but I've been wondering. He loves talking to me and loves my personality, but I don't think I'm his "type".

He has said before that he thinks my eyes are pretty cool (and that he's jealous of them lol...) but has never complimented my hair color. I love my hair color sometimes and hate it other times but I am too much of a chicken to dye it (all my hairdressers in the past have told me never to dye it, and my girl friends have said that too).

He's always dated brunette girls- if you were a brunette guy and always dated brunette girls, would you even consider a ginger girl? Or just keep her around as a good friend because you like her personality but wouldn't want to marry her because you might have ginger kids? Or do you guys even think about what your future kids would look like? Lol

Most Helpful Guy

• of course I would. Sometimes guys try to gain control or have the ball in their court by lowerin self esteem...making it evident that something is not of their liking. Even if its not his FAVORITE hair color, their are so many variables in a girl that he will always find something he doesn't prefer in anyone in the world.

The "im not his or her type feeling" is one of the most common out there. And "type" EVOLVES. Your confidence WILL make you his type. I've had girls say that before me they didn't like guys with my hairstyle, and now they love it. So yes, be confident, and when you are confronted with the jokes that might make you a little uncomfortable, strike back with your own confident jokes about how "ginger" could be sexier, that gingers are the "select few". Brainwash him ;)

What Guys Said 6

• I'm crazy about red heads. They are my favorite. Red heads in silky deep ocean blue dresses, I melt.

• I am a fussy guy who has a preference of black hair fair skin followed by red hair fair skin.

Although I mention I like red hair, guys don't usually just keep an attractive girl around as a good friend he either finds you attractive and wants something more or is too shy or does not find you attractive.

If your hair is ginger you should probably dye it red or light brown along with your eyebrows, natural ginger(orange) is not that attractive to me.

• No my eyebrows are sorta brown already- maybe my hair is too orange though. Would brown hair would look weird on me though?... link

• Lol! Thanks haha.

• You hair is good, and you are attractive. :)

• Just because he teases you about your hair, it doesn't mean he doesn't like it.

• I had red hair when I was born, after few years their color turned to brown. So... my soul had "a delay" in its journey?

Girls of all hair colors can be hot, but I do have preference towards blondes.

• i don't date girls that CONSTANTLY change their hair color like if she's blond then redhead then dirty blond then black then brown then to some weird mix of red and blond uhhh can't stand that.

• He probably just teases you because it's his way of communicating with you. Don't take it personally. I prefer girls with dark hair and eyes, but it's not a big deal. If I found a ginger I liked, I'd ask her out. It's just hair color, it's not important. If someone wouldn't wanna marry you because of your hair, then he probably isn't the kind of guy you'd want to be with. Your hair color is beautiful, be proud of it!

What Girls Said 1

• As a ginger, your hair has a red tint to it right? Well, even if it is orange... what natural element has those same colors; give up? Girl, it's fire :) No matter what people say, show them the fiery spirit and attitude that comes from having such gorgeous hair. Bring out your inner woman and let your ferocity burn into their souls. Your hair color is memorable, warm and has been known to even speed up heart beats. If you like him show him, because being static will not help you in this situation.