How can I get him to stop texting me everyday, I find it annoying?

I gave this guy my number 2 weeks ago and now he texts me all day everyday. It's driving me crazy having my phone do the same tone every few minutes. I tired just not answering but he'll send a text saying "what happened?" or "You must be really busy today" You may think I'm weird but sometimes I just don't want to be bothered. I don't even text my own friends that much.

Most Helpful Guy

• Im really fed up with ignorance. If a mosquito wanted your blood, he would not give a sh*t about signals of danger. He would just wait till you are still and go for the strike. The only way to stop its intentions is to smack it, kill it.

With humans, we have way more advanced means of communication and sign language just don't cut it. I f***ing hate lazy ass people who can't SAY SHIT STRAIT UP.

I want you to call him and say politely that your texting is only getting on your nerve. I know you may think he is a creep, but you should know that there are plenty of psychological disorders that get people to be inefficient to sign language and take things literally when they shouldn't and vice versa. You have to be the older one and take control of the situation, like a great leader.

• It's funny how you say "You have to be the older one..." because he's 23 ,which makes him 5 years older .

What Guys Said 4

• you could go cold turkey & ignore his sms or just plainly tell him that his texts are fine but not everyday because he coming of as desperate, clingy & perhaps annoying, tell him to text in the random, but say if he does it again too much ull be afraid but have no choice & block him.

p.s: dnt be harsh.. he just tryin to show interest in you.. its rather weird wen you women expect us to chase you'll but wen we do its plainly the truth that most guys don't understand the difference between coming of as interested or either as clingy and desperate

• You are not weird because of that... I think you should tell him that you are busy girl,and that you really do not have time for all day texting. Hopefully,he will understand.

• Yeah, he is becoming a nuisance you should may be have your cell phone carrier block him from being able to text you and block his number I'm sure they can do it

• Just tell him you don't want him to text you anymore. some guys just don't get it until you flat out tell them.

What Girls Said 3

• OMG I feel you on this one, with guys especially. well there are a few options but for me it always ends up like option number 2. first you can tell him nicely "hey I love talking you ya, but I'm not a big texter so if I don't answer right away its not your fault I just don't like to text" but if he's really needy this won't work for more than a few days. you can try a good ol fashioned white lie "i swished plans an I don't have unlimited text", "i have really bad service in town" "i lost a bet an I have to give up texting for a month" but if you get caught this will result in a fight, ooooor you can just say "hey, if I don't respond right away don't think I've been kidnapped I'm probably just busy or out with freinds"

• Send him the classic text- "Invalid number. Error massage 21635"

Yes, mispell "message."

• he sounds annoying and guys often don't get hints the way we do. what is your relationship with him? I think you might have to tell him he is texting you too much

• I've only known him for a month, I met him on a dating website.