My boyfriend is always late... how do I approach that?

First let me get this straight. I love my boyfriend... we honestly believe we're soul mates, and although we haven't been dating very long we already know that we want to get married and spend the rest of our lives together. That said, he has a terrible habit of always being late for everything we do. I told him once before, after I drove 2 hours to see him (we used to be long-distance) and he slept through our date and all of my calls, that lateness is my biggest pet peeve and he agreed to stop being a flake. Well, he's still always a half hour (usually more!) late for things. Even if he's not late, he suddenly has a whole to-do list that he forgot to tell me about as soon as I meet up with him, and we end up spending 3 hours running errands before I finally tell him I have to go home. I love him, and there are so many redeeming qualities to him, but I feel like I'm fighting an uphill battle. How do I talk to him about this without making it seem like I hate him for it, but still getting it through his head that if this keeps up, it's a deal breaker?

Most Helpful Guy

• Just tell him that if he doesn't respect the clock, you won't be playing with his cock

What Guys Said 3

• If he shows up late for a date, you cancel that date. He'll learn. Words will go through one ear and out the other.

• Just approach him and tell him that your tired of him being late and ask him that his lateness is making you wonder about him

• You sound like a pretty lovesick couple. Just talk to him.

What Girls Said 1

• Tardiness is my pet hate. My husband was tardy for a long time. So if he is late for anything at all, I would make him drive to wherever we are going by himself, and I would not wait for him.