I keep texting her first, she never texts me first, is this as bad of a sign as I think?

I got her number about 3 weeks ago, I admitted to her I liked her, and she said she came out of relationship not too long ago, and just felt torn apart by it, mostly, it didn't go much past that.

I still like her, but every time I want to talk to her, I always have to be the one to text her, I just wish once she would want to text and talk to me instead. She will respond quickly to me, and we will talk back and forth for about an hour, sometimes closer to 2 hours, within 2-3 minutes between each text, but never once does she ever text me.

Does this mean she doesn't really want to talk to me? What would be her reason for this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Rule: Don't ever tell a girl you like her, unless she's already your girlfriend. You lose your aura, sense of mystery, and all the power and outcome of any future relations between you and her is entirely in her hands.

Her not texting you every once in a while is a bad sign, yes.

What Girls Said 2

• girls are very stuck in the guys have to text me first thing. if she responds quickly though, that's good, and if she is talkative that is good as well. I'm sure you really badly want to talk to her, but maybe ease up a little, as a women I am far more interested in dudes that are not all obviously into me. I don't know why, it's just how chicks brains work. So maybe don't text her a few times when you are gonna and see if she will text you. Give it some time.

• It means that you're a friend to her, nothing more. In other words, you've been friend-zoned.

What Guys Said 1

• problem is that you text her all the time, just stop for a week and she will text you back for sure, if she doesn't, then she isn't interested in you