Would you date your best friend?

You get along great ad are alike in most ways. But I'm worried that if w Try a relationship there may not be feelings or it will end badly and our friendship will be over. But then I also worry I could miss out on a great guy because I'm too scared to try. What would you do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Na... it is actually as important to have friends as well as bf/gf. For the sake of your sanity I would recommend against dating your best friend - it is a lose-lose situation. If it works out you lose a friend, if it doesn't work out you lose a friend. I personally don't think best friends are easily replaceable.

What Guys Said 5

• You don't wanna know what I'd do...

Just take a chance.

• No, I consider her like a sister.

• Well no, I'm not gay/bi, ahah

• sorry I shouldve said best friend of the opposite gender...

• Which begs to say, can they?

• not gonna try that again after my own experience with that. since just talking about 'us' made things change... she had some feelings too but not as strong. things never got back to how they were originally & we don't talk anymore :( this did take a long time to all happen but it wasn't worth it.

• Yes. I am with her now

What Girls Said 3

• You say that "there may not be feelings." If by that you mean that you haven't even talked to him about this and asked if he has feelings for you, you should start there. If he doesn't feel the same, then that's okay. You've still got a great friend you can confide in and who will always understand you. If he has romantic feelings toward you as well, then all I can say is that you should hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. I think a deep friendship is part of the foundation of good, lasting romantic relationships. If you both want to try dating, just move at a cautious and comfortable pace. But try to come to some agreement and understanding about what you want to happen if it doesn't work out. Good luck!

• I say go for it. Take the lead. If anything I'd imagine dating your best friend would be somewhat easier in a sense that you can pretty much still maintain that friendship, while it also not being awkward and you can still be yourself. I actually was in a recent predicament where one of my very close guy friends found out I had a crush on him, long story short, he confronted me and told me straight up that he only saw me as a really good friend, nothing more and didn't want to ruin our friendship. Which was cool, since now I'm able to live with reality and move on. I think, either way it goes, good or bad, you should really tell your friend you have feelings for him. You don't want to miss out on a great opportunity. And well, if he doesn't feel the same way, cool, at least you got you're answer and you no longer have to wonder what if. Good luck!

• I honestly don't know if I would. He's a great guy. Butt he biggest issue is long distance. He'll be graduating soon and I will be too, and if I married him I'd obviously follow him. But there's something that's stopping me...I don't think I'm ready for him or to settle down yet. He's great marriage material though.

If the relationship didn't work, I'd be alright with it. We can still be friends. No hard feelings.