Is this a date? I am confused!

On OkCupid I emailed him asking about a certain type of massage because he said she was a massage therapist. He answered my question and said that if I wanted we could continue this conversation over drinks.

I said sure and sent him my number...I don't know if this is a date or just hanging out? I'm 27 and he's 36- not sure if that changes things.

What Guys Said 1

• Its just a first meeting...not a date.

What Girls Said 1

• it's totally a date. unless it says explicitly that he's just looking for friends. which is unlikely, if he asked you for drinks. ignore bassman hahah. it is a first meeting, but it is a date: it's a first date. take it from someone who has extensive okcupid experience ;]

• i wasn't sure what to think. I assumed if he wasn't interested he's just answer the question or not even write back to me. considering he asked me to meet up for a drink I thought maybe it might be a date but he could just be friendly and wanna tell me about massage in person...