Am I making too big a deal about age ?

I am a senior in high school (female) and I can't help but feel a strong connection to a sophomore (male). It seems common that freshman girls date senior boys in high school because girls mature faster and then the senior guys take advantage of them yada yada yada...

But I've never heard of an 18year old girl dating a 16 year old boy...O.o...Am I making this weird or is it not a big deal?... We are intellectual equals...both of us are more mature than our ages would have us flagged to be...

Most Helpful Guy

• "because girls mature faster..."

Oh, I never tire of hearing that old myth.

What Guys Said 2

• Not a big deal at all. In college and beyond, the age gap (especially when it's only 2 years) becomes even more irrelevant.

• Go for it.

What Girls Said 1

• go for it like NMMan said the older you get the more irrelevant the age gap becomes. for example I'm a freshman in college and dating a junior in high school and neither of us think twice about it. if you really like him and want to go out with him then I say go for it!