GUYS: What if a girl surprised you and took you out for a nice dinner?

My boyfriend is like a southern gentleman manly man type. We are both poor students so date nights are never fancy unless its a special occasion. He picks up the tab most of the time, but I've paid occasionally. He always objects and says I don't have to, but I like doing stuff like that and he has never said it hurt his feelings lol he just thinks its his job to take care of me. I just paid my tuition for the semester and I wanna do something extra special, like take him to a real nice restaurant. there's no occasion so I wanna kind of make one up so he doesn't feel bad about me paying for a nice restaurant. next month will be the year and a half anniversiary of our first date, which we both just count as our anniversiary. so I'm thinking of totally surprising him one night. like just telling him to dress nice and come to my house, then ill drive us there. I know this is like what a girl would love, but do yall think a guy would think that was weird or something? I'm putting a poll but PLEASE ELABORATE on why or why not?

• No thanks. Explain why please :)
  • Yes. Explain why please :)

Most Helpful Guy

• First, this is a very loving thought. That said, why not make a tasty lasagna with garlic bread and a bottle of wine. Set the table with tablecloth and a candle and put on some mood music and have your own private dinner dance. He'll love it! For dessert he'll have you with whipped cream.

• we cook together all the time, and take turns cooking at one another's house. I just want to do something extra special.

What Guys Said 12

• The tricky part, or it would be for me, is getting him to do those things so that it stays a surprise what's happening. I don't like surprises if I know one is coming and I don't like doing things for reasons I don't know why. If my girlfriend told me to get dressed up, I'd be more willing than if someone else said it but I'd still question it highly and maybe refuse without an explanation.

But maybe your guy is different

• id probably tell him we had to do something. I could convince him I'm sure. I just hope he wouldn't think it was weird for me to surprise him

• i think it's nice that you wanna pay for fancy dinner. I think he will appreciate that. I would.

now, there's one thing; I wouldn't really feel comfortable with that "i'll drive us there."

• its not unusual for me to drive places. he likes to let me drive his truck sometimes.

• then there's no problem.

• I would say that she really cares about me and is not using me or something. If the girl would do it, that would be a big plus for her.

• Your question title was an open ended "what if" question and then your poll was yes or no and the last question you basically wrote was " would a guy think that was weird" to which most people responded "yes" thinking probably that you meant "cool". In other words your question is not clearly articulated

I think that would be extremely nice if you wanted to treat your boyfriend

• I think if you explain it's a special occasion and you wanted to do something nice for him he'll love it. Especially if you are so inclined to end the evening with some romantic intimate time that will bring you both a lot of pleasure!

• like it? I'd love it! I've been searching all my life for a girl like that.

• I think it'd be totally great!

• I'd personally like it if a girl did that for me.

• Hahaha What girls pay for the date? where do they do that at? Automatically a Win in my book. I think a relationship should go both ways.

• yeah id definitely like it

• I just think it would be sweet and show she is not a golddigger

• Yeah I'd think that's pretty awesome of you. He'll be happy!

What Girls Said 2

• If he is into you then he would like it. If not then he would probably find it awkward and annoying.

• They've been together for a year and a half, and she didn't mention them being on the awkward first stages of a relationship, or imply that he may not like her.

• Awe I like this question a lot. Good for you girl that you know how to treat your man! I think he'll love it.