Why do guys tell girls about their dates and how "awesome" they are?

So, there's this boy that I've liked since January, and my girlfriends tell me he likes me back. But he's always telling me about the dates he goes on...and today he messaged me how he was going on this "awesome" date this weekend with this really "awesome girl" and how he's super exited because it will be their "first date".

In general, Why do guys tell girls about their dates and how "awesome" they are? I really like this boy, and he doesn't seem like the type to make others jealous...so why is he telling me about it?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like he's trying to make you jealous.

I hate people that do that.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like he is a knucklehead.

Tell him that you aren't interested in hearing that - unless of course you are just friends and he wants to hear about your dates That will make your point pretty quick

• He's a moron.

Trying to get a reaction out of you and see if you like him.

Or a mixture of both.

• Very immature! He needs to grow up he is just trying to act like a stud.

What Girls Said 1

• He might actually like you, and is trying to get your attention by saying those things, just to see how you would react. Or maybe, he sees you as a friend so that's why he's telling you about those things because he might need your advice or something. Either way, my advice is just play along with it and see how that turns out. If he likes you, eventually he will stop with his stories and tell you straight out.