How long should I wait before texting her?

after getting a girls number..how long should I wait before I start to text her?

and I would like it to work out. not just some girl

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok I think the whole "waiting thing" is silly. I mean obviously don't text 5 minutes after you've seen her, but I know that the guys I was most impressed with right away, were the guys who weren't afraid to let me know that they had fun with me, and wanted to see me again. An easy way to do that is to wait an hour or two after the date/hangout/whateveritis and shoot her a quick text just saying "I had a blast with you. Thanks for being so cool" or something goofy like that. It opens the door to talking more and lets her know you like her. Good luck!

What Girls Said 3

• Text her a couple hours after you got her number. So say you got it at one text her around 8. Don't wait a day or two or whatever stupid rule that is ha ha a guy gave me his number and I texted him that night and just said thanks for giving me your number, let me know when you have a free day and we'll go get some coffee or something. :)

• A day later...

• text the next day.. don't text often or you'll push her away.

What Guys Said 2

• Less than 24 hours after.

• I have to agree with Amelie,

If you wait too long she won't text back, but don't text her 5 minutes later

I'd wait till around Sunset whenever that is for your local time, that's the sexiest part of the day