How to have a longer text conversation?

I have no problem talking to her face to face, but when texting I'll ask/say something funny, she'll say something like, "lol haha.." And then something after that. We'll have a couple more text messages, and then the conversation runs dry. I'll end it off with something like, "mmkay, well I gotta finish up something real quick. It's been great talking to you. Bye! :D" and then I have to restart the cycle :(

So how do I keep up a conversations through text, and how do I start up a lasting text conversation?

Most Helpful Girl

• sometimes it's hard to talk to a person over text because you're not there with them. Sometimes its best to just have a short convo or catch up text to see how they are and what's going on and that is it. If you talk about just about everything over text..what are you going to talk about when you chill? Although if you have a lot to talk about when you hang out..then why can't you discuss those type of things when you're texting? anyways. just don't worry about it so much. =P hope it helps

What Girls Said 2

• well basically just talk to her like you would face to face . but try not not to be boring, us girls like to Liston too . the reason that she might be sending you short messages is probably because she feel like she might be talking to much. so don't stress talk about subjects don't change them all the time well I hoped this helped good luck.

• Weather she's not interested in you or she is just not a clever girl (sorry to say that). When someone's interested, conversation doesn't die.

What Guys Said 1

• I'm not too sure if she's interested in texting, but whenever you think its dying just ask her a question. Like if you find yourself say: "hahaha" follow it up with a question for her to answer. And expand her answers!