What would you do if your friend was dating a complete idiot? Would you let them be or say something?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends. If it was just a friend then no but if it was my best friend I'd definitely say something. But not all serious, I'd just say it in a friendly, casual way. I think it's sort of my duty as a best friend to look out for her and to just give her a heads up to avoid future heartbreak. If she doesn't take the advice, then it's fine and I wouldn't blame her or anything. I'd support her till the end.

What Guys Said 4

• It's not my place to tell my friends who they can or cannot date, who they should or should not date.

I also do not see the complete picture, perhaps the friend knows something I don't. And if that person is a complete idiot, my friends must be free to make their mistakes and learn, as I must do the same. It's how we mature and progress.

• I'm interested in knowing why you find him a complete idiot because in many instances people have really stupid reasons themselves for disliking a person

• I would probably say something, but I wouldn't be condescending about it. I'd probably do it just to make sure they realized it. If they did, and were happy with them regardless, then that'd be the end of it.

• I suffer from stupism and would not tolerate my friend's mate's company.

What Girls Said 3

• One of my friends was dating an idiot. I tried to get to know him, and look for qualities she might see in him...yeah there was nothin. So I took it as a moral obligation of friendship to tell her that her boyfriend was an annoying, immature moron.

We're still friends to this day, and she's glad I was brutally honest in my opinions of the guy.

• tell them exactly what I thought of them

• I most likely would say something. Especially if it's something I think they should know. Only with good intentions, and me just looking out for him/her. But I know at the end of the day, it's up for them to decide. It's their relationship.