I just don't think it's fair that he can talk about his girl so much, but I can't even mention a guy. What do I do?

My guy friend and I are pretty close, and we talk all the time. He has a thing with another girl, they're not officially dating but they kiss and hang out almost every night, and cuddle, and things like that. He talks about her ALL the time to me. He'll actually go into detail about their hookups (but he only does this with me! He's more discreet with other people), but the minute I try talking about a guy I like, or a guy who likes me, my friend stops talking to me or changes the subject..

It's honestly kind of annoying.

Most Helpful Guy

• You should be asking him this question, along with a question that goes like this "do you have feelings for me?". Or, rather, ask him if he has feelings for you first, then if he says no, ask him why you can't talk about any guy you have a thing for beside him but you keep listening to his own ordeals. This approach will make him acknowledge the truth and it does sound like he has a thing for you. If however, he doesn't actually like you and is just full of himself, then he doesn't really deserve to be so close to you. There is no point in having a friend that close if you can't share your experiences with him, so tell him to loosen up.

What Guys Said 3

• He's trying to impress you with his stories. He doesn't know how else to get you to admire him. But he really doesn't want to hear about your guys because he wants you ALL to HIMSELF.

A lot of immature guys are like this!

• Cool story sis

• Yes he's trying to impress you

What Girls Said 1

• i think he is trying to make you jealous, this happen to me too with a friend but I knew he had feelings for me and he talked about his ex and girls he met at parties and when I talked about a guy I liked he started acting wierd. Change the topic next time he brings her up.