Smoker ... is it a problem?

As a past smoker would you not date a girl or have any sort of problem with dating a smoker ... I have been thinking of quitting but an outside push would help a lot ... I always said that if I'd meet a guy that I really like who would tell me to stop ... I might manage to.

This question is for past smokers who quit ... I know all the bad side effects of being a smoker but it's a choice I made, I made it because I like it and you don't need to tell me why I should stop ... I have one life to live, no matter how long or short it may be ... I was only asking for oppinions not judgement ... I'm not a chimney but a person how happens to like to do the things that make me feel good, whether it's smoking or writing until my fingers drop.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't mind just know if we were ever drunk or something hanging out together and I know you are trying to quit my inner urge would come out to be sarcastic and funny about your smoking or something lol well for a little at least until I see you are taking it seriously about quitting.

• thanks for a proper answer and no judgement ... I dated a smoker before I started and know kissing isn't the sweetest thing ... I relly like the guy ... I only hope he still wants to see me ... he'd be a good thing for me ... not only because of the etra push I'd get from him, but as a person

• haha was not expecting to be getting BA for this answer I gave lol. Also at some point I would get super motivated to buy you some blu cigs because I think they are badass even if you didn't want them lol. I don't mind smokers just if it were like a long term relationship or something eventually I would hope they would quit because then it would be causing harm to me as well at that point.

What Guys Said 10

• I wish I never erased the pictures I took of a smoker's fresh lungs not even an hour after lung transplant surgery so I could show them to you. I know you have heard it all before about how unhealthy it is and probably have seen pictures too, but please please trust me when I tell you that if you were to see a smoker's lung in real life you would quit in a second and do it without braking a sweat; yes it IS that bad and I have seen some very messed up things when it comes to the human body.

Another reason to quit is that it just makes you uglier. You age faster, It makes your teeth look like sh*t, ruins your voice, and makes you smell. You cannot get rid of the smell from your clothes. Most of my relatives are chain smokers, I know how bad it is. Half of them will die way too young if they continue like this. My uncle had a quadruple heart bypass because of the damage caused by decades of smoking. The only two people I know of that stopped smoking were chain smokers and did it by decreasing the amount of cigarettes they smoked each day by one every 3-5 days. It takes a while, but it's more likely you'll succeed.

• Btw please don't take this as me being judgmental or telling you how to live your life, it's just some advice which I hope you consider. I have seen the dark parts of smoking and I cannot not tell someone why it's so bad; it's like seeing a person pointing a gun to their head, you're going to try and prevent them from pulling the trigger.

• I smoke, so I prefer a girl that smokes.

I don't smoke 24/7 but I do smoke regularly. If the girl didn't like it, I wouldn't do it around her. I don't go around smelling like an ashtray, so she wouldn't even know unless she saw me or I told her.

• Smoking is an absolute deal-breaker for me.

Even if a girl smokes like one cigarette a month when she's out with friends, that's still not gonna work for me.

• I don't think I would date a smoker. Use not getting chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or lung cancer as a reason to stop.

• I went with a smoker for a while, but she was really careful about not smoking around me, and she didn't seem to have the bad breath or anything. Whenever she was around me and wanted a cig I would suggest something else to put in her mouth.

• I couldn't date a smoker. I value my health and would like my partner to be the same.

• Adam sigarayi birakmak i├žin ariyorsunuz

• I could not date a girl who smokes.

• I've never been a smoker before so it might not be exactly the answer you are looking for.

For me as a non smoker seeing a girl who smokes is a huge turn off. Just the other week I was looking at a pretty cute girl and than I seen her hand come up and she started smoking and I was thinking to my self "what a shame" than started looking at other girls.

this might be T.M.I. but I was watching a p*rn one time and a girl started smoking and I had to turn it off right away because the film was no longer sexy to me.

• Just quit. I just buried my mother from her smoking. I smoked for years also and will die pretty soon also.

What Girls Said 2

• I know this question was obviously aimed at guys, and at smokers. But having been on this site for some time now, and having had a family member who smoked for a long portion of her life, I do have room to speak. My grandmother smoked for many years. She quit, but not before developing COPD, resulting in a cough she never was rid of. It killed so much of her lung tissue that even eating a whole meal caused her difficulty with breathing. She also needed supplemental oxygen later in life. Actually, since my maternal grandfather smoked I have two relatives with a history of smoking. He developed throat cancer. But I know nothing about it really, and not a lot about him (he died before I was born). I hate to think this could happen to other people. But as you stated, it's your choice. If you decide to quit don't do it for somebody else, do it because you wanted to. I wish you good health.

• well it isn't something attractive for a non smoker and you should stop if you can , I mean the consequences along the way is too much it isn't health so I rather not be with a smoker...