How can I sweep this girl off of her feet?

I met this girl a while back (Erica), and after asking her out originally, she said yes. We were a day or two away from going on the date when she calls me and tells me that her ex boyfriend came home from the military and she wasn't over him. She apologized, the date was canceled, and we became friends. We've been friends for almost a year now and we've developed a pretty good relationship and trust. A month or two ago, her boyfriend from the military broke up with her, and like always, I was there for her. The girl I was starting to date just ended it with me and while randomly texting Erica, we brought up the topic of what it would be like if we actually went on that first date. She's joining the military in the near future, and is hesitant to start anything with someone before she leaves, but after a long talk, told me that I am an amazing guy and she would be a fool not to consider dating me. I guess my question is, while she already knows I'm a good guy and we already have trust, what, if anything can I do to help sway her decision of whether to start something with me or not in my favor? I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback guys! I don't know if I was clear or not, but she's still considering if she wants to try it again and go on a date, meaning going on a date isn't an option until she decides she wants to. I would love to go on a date and swoon her then, but I still have to show her I'm worth trying it again.

Most Helpful Girl

• link

this sweeps perfectly!

What Girls Said 4

• Be careful. If she is leaving soon that can cause all sorts of complications.

If you want to swoon her, then take her out on a date. You know what she likes, so do it. Try to make her feel like the luckiest girl in the world. Maybe she is more of a romantic and a nice dinner and movie or a picnic dinner would be nice. Or maybe she is into exploring and you could go on a hike of some sort and then grab some lunch or dinner on the way back.

Do something unique and that makes her feel special.

• take control of the date! be the man but also a gentleman. I like a guy who seems in control and relaxed, and doesn´t act like a puppy eager for approval. Be funny, have manners, treat her like a lady and plan a fun fun fun date. It´s so boring when a guy takes you out and then wants you to decide what to do.

• Send her flowers

• That's exactly what I was thinking. I wanted to send her her favorite flowers, but I forgot what they were :/ I'm trying to find that out without actually asking her again.

• Why don't you just see how the first date goes.

What Guys Said 1

• this question is similar to "how to be rich?"

plus, why would you consider being with her if she's joining the military? I mean, do you really wanna go into this mess?