Online date sites cheating?

If your significant other is on several dating websites talking to others, including phone chat/texting is that cheating?

I agree with comments BUT...been together 15years and I have cheated several times because for a whole year he wouldn't have sex...I think it was medical problem but there are other things you can do. Do I take this as what goes around? He claims to still love me but things not good and he's now working in another state and will ignore me for days. I find myself checking his email and dating sites which just drives me crazier cause I'm not cheating now.
While I kinda this it's somewhat what handsomeaj said about building his confidence, I also know he has met at least one. Feel like he's staying UNLESS/UNTIL he does meet someone who will have him (outside I don't pay much attention to). Should I say if he has or does cheat cause I did it to him?

Most Helpful Guy

• as long as you leave that word 'cheating' out of the topic I think you guys are just not meant to be for one.

If you ask me everyone requires something from the other which is where relationship begins and continues when it does.

When one of them doesn't get that from the other, one resorts to what you call 'cheating'

There are people who can't do anything but keep going on dating sites etc to keep themselves pepped up and confident. They most probably don't even meet anyone for fear of rejection.

Whichever way, as I've said earlier 'cheating' is a subjective term and not punishable always

• Maybe that's why he does it - cheating (does he know you did) maybe not.

What I don't understand is why don't you guys work towards making things work between the both of you instead?

Visit a counsellor so you have other and professional opinioins that really will matter for the better for both of you either individually or together. I really think that will help sort things out.

What Guys Said 8

• For me individually and personally, cheating is a different meaning.

I'm OK if she's on with even personal encounters, leave alone dating sites etc IF it's the woman I love and adore.

Just that our responsibilites especially if there are children should be taken care of and it doesn't reach the house.

• Yup, it is a sign that someone is shopping around for something better. The same applies to both guys and girls, regardless if they are looking for emotional or physical cheating.

• That ain't a good sign! If he is not cheating, he is making an attempt to cheat. Unlike other social media sites, online dating sites exist specifically to find relationships.

I'd confront him.

• update: It doesn't matter about your past, his being on online dating sites and communicating with other women is borderline cheating if not outright cheating. Your past might be his "justification" for cheating, but he's still cheating. And by doing so he's lost any moral ground he had by forgiving you of your past indiscretions.

• No, it's still cheating. If you are a thief and another thief takes something from you it's still stealing. "What goes around comes around" is bullsh*t. Yes, you were wrong for cheating, and yes he is still cheating.

Make it right one way or the other or you will be tortured.

• Thanks for your words...just really unsure ...yes he does know I had sexual encounters ...during that year of no sex I tried to talk to him and after a year I told him I wasn't gonna leave him but also needed sex. Mine weren't emotional only sexual but he's seeking both, which is why I feel vulnerable about the situation and I'm not a clingy insecure woman. He won't go to talk with anyone, I've tried. On one hand he says he loves me and wants to be home but his actions show else.

• End it. This is the beggining of the relationship becoming poisonous.

• Yes...other than dating or looking for some sort of sexual release, why would he or she be on a dating site?

I couldn't imagine an excuse that person could say when confronted, that would be acceptable.

• Yes, definitely.

• Sounds like he shopping around. He's probably not happy with your relationship, so either he's planning on leaving if he finds another girl or cheating...

• To me it sounds like cheating

What Girls Said 1

• I definitely think it's cheating