Is it normal for a guy to not care if there's no kissing in the relationship? Please help!!

I'm 18, and my boyfriend is 23. We've only just started dating, but we've been friends a long time.I was abused as a child, and I'm not that comfortable with the idea of kissing. I haven't told him about the abuse, but he knows that I'm not really comfortable with kissing. I said to him "Does it bother you if we don't kiss?" and he said "No, it doesn't bother me. If it happens naturally then that's OK, and if it doesn't happen then that's OK too". I told him that he should break up with me and find a girl he could kiss, but he didn't want to.

I find it strange that he would be OK with not kissing. Is this normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• he just doesn't like to kiss because I am not a kisser either and yall just started out so like for me to enjoy kissing I have to either be really physically turned on by a guy or deeply in love. I too have had relationship problems but I finally learned some tips that worked for me and my friends, I have free advice about this on my site at www.relationshiptip.net. Its really helpful

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think it's normal, but he may just like you a lot.

• I used to not care but now I do care.

What Girls Said 2

• Not exactly normal, but if he really likes you a lot that could be why he's fine with it, he might want to help you get over your problems with it but seems like he's gonna wait and til your ready.

• i think that's odd but then what about sex?

• What about it?

• i mean, would you want to have sex without kissing? or just no sex either?

• I don't believe in sex before marriage, and neither does he.