How long till you can become boyfriend and girlfriend?

I've never really dated! High school is different, you just kind of get together haha. You've known these guys since middle school so there aren't real dates. So this is the first guy who I've actually gone on dates with. We've hung out 6 times and have just kissed goodbye. Now we kinda want to take it to the next base and make out, again I don't know what to expect haha. How long after does it make sense to be boyfriend and girlfriend?

Most Helpful Guy

• whenever both of you are ready to take that next step, but it's only when both of you decide

• I guess I should leave it up to him, I just don't want to turn into a friends with benefits. I can't go for that lol!

What Guys Said 1

• exclusivity after sex

What Girls Said 2

• I think people usually make it official at the 2 month mark. I think 3-4 months should be the max. Any more and he's stalling.

• you could have been boyfriend and girlfriend on the first date if you wanted. It is all up to when you feel comfortable being labeled.

• I already feel like we are ha ha that's my problem. He hasn't said anything though, when we kiss goodbye it's weird cause I'm so comfortable with him that its like we've been doing this for months lol