How many dates before you know if you are attractive to the person?

Girl & guys, do you know right away if you date someone that you want to be exclusive with the person?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I don't know right away if I want to be exclusive with someone... While I don't date girls anymore unless I think they have potential to be a girlfriend at some point, that doesn't mean I've already made that decision. Physical attraction isn't exactly rocket science to figure out, either you are or you're not... Having chemistry with them and figuring out if they have a compatible personality takes a little time and a lot of talking. I know on the spot if they are physically attractive, but it takes a while to decide if they are worthwhile. Actively talking to them, I might know after a couple weeks if they might be worth dating... Dating for 3 or 4 months I might know if they are worth committing to. That gives enough time to talk to them, spend time together, go on a number of dates, test out her sex drive, and so on.

• Would you say there's no attraction if you went to 6 dates and still didn't feel it? Is there an easy way to let the other party know?

• Thank you. I know what I have to do now...

• So what are you going to do? Off him? =P

What Guys Said 2

• I don't date people I'm not attracted to, attractions is important and contributes largely to chemistry. And in that same sense I don't date without the expectation to be exclusive.

• I just know right on the spot.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't usually know right away but I think I would know after a few dates. I don't think becoming exclusive is such a big deal. it isn't a marriage proposal. so to me my attitude is why not give it a shot? (in most circumstances if I like him and feel attracted to him and see us working out together)