Online dating fiasco for mostly men.

I dumped Match.com after six months of no replies and waste of my time. Any other options? Since my ex wife to-be after 23 years it really sucks out there. She's already got a boyfriend. Enough of the crying the blues. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm sorry to hear online dating didn't work out, but honestly it's nothing personal. Online dating is not as far as I can see compatible with all personality types and it is especially rough on men. My suggestion would be to focus on yourself: if there are any changes in your life/things you've been wanting to do why not do them now? Get involved in new hobbies, sports, fitness groups. Meetup.com is great place to meet people with similar interests without the pressure of "romantic involvement".

At the end of the day, part of getting over a relationship (especially one as long as yours) is rediscovering who you are after the fact. You certainly aren't the same person you were. There's this great T.S. Eliot quote that's stayed with me for years now: "The self recovered is never the same as the self when it was given." It is so true when it comes to love. Now is the time for you to figure out who the self recovered is for you, to recover, reflect, and rediscover yourself. If you do this, I guarantee you will meet someone wonderful along the way. Best of luck!

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 0