Help me to reply to a text message? Trying to break up...

link

Here's what she texted me, I've been trying to break up with her it been couple of days now . But she keeps blaming herself for it. I don't want this to be tough break up for her. She is 18 and I'm like her first so, can any girls help with a kind reply that I can send to her?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just say : " I wanna talk to you about something. I know me trying to break up with you before must of been painful, but honestly I have lost feelings for you, I just have, nothing is wrong with you babe, it's just you know how you can't make yourself feel something for someone you don't feel it for? I wish I still had feelings for you but I don't. And I don't wanna lead you on, I just wanna let you go so someone who can have true feelings for you will get the chance to show it and not hurt you. I know I am your first but I can assure you that you are young and there are so many out there and it's just not me. I really don't mean to hurt you but I am sure it would hurt you more if I stay and you develop more feelings and I realize I can't pretend that things are right and I feel anything for you. I really wish you the best and I am so sorry for the hurt I am causing you. It's not gonna last forever I promise. Well I have to go, I am so sorry and please forgive me one day. Bye"

SAY THIS ON THE PHONE OR IN PERSON. NO TEXT MESSAGES.

What Girls Said 8

• Whatever you do, don't breakup with her via a text. That's just cowardly. Use the pair God gave you and do the right thing. Talk to her face to face and tell her sincerely & politely what you feel and need to do.

• The break up will hurt her. They almost always do.

It sounds like she's in pain already, she can tell you're going to break up with her.

Be honest with her. The damage is part way done, you may as well put the last nail in the coffin...

In response to her text say something like: "what you just said. It's nothing to do with you not being good enough for me, I just don't think we fit anymore." and then go on to tell her the reason you're breaking up with her.

• i agree with sparrow, like from what I read to it does sound like the girl is trying to make you feel guilty an manipulate you if she is saying things like I'm not good enough for you etc then clearly that's a problem within herself that she needs to work on an not make you feel guilty into breaking up with her, the best thing to do here is say your peice and leave it at that, it think in the long run maybe you will see why it couldn't have ever worked or anything like there is no point holding onto something when two people arnt happy just be honest an don't let anyone make you feel guilty for breaking up with them (her) cause at the end of the day there is obv a reason as to why you are doing what you are doing always remember that just my thoughts, hope it helps.

• Tell her you're finding yourself attracted to men lately...

She'll let you go...

• Just tell her you don't want to see her anymore and whatever the reason is why.

It's better to tell the truth than to lie.

• but why you want to break up with her?

• I would just be completely honest. It sounds like she knows it's coming anyone, but I have to say what she's saying is just a tad manipulative. Whenever someone says things like "you're too good for me", they rarely say it just because, they usually say it because they want a response back saying that they ARE good enough for you.

Just break the news, no need to be mean, but just be honest.

• Look, just tell her "look you are a great girl for a great guy out there. Our chemistry is gone and I want you to find someone that will appreciate you for the wonderful girl with great personality that you are. Let me know when or if when you are ready to be friends.(you can decide if you want to sy the last sentence or how you want to word it)

Then leave that as that. She is just hurt and The more you say, the more she will twist your word. Give her time and then just back off and she will move on.

• That's awesome! Thanks

• You're welcome. If it is not met to be then it is not. If you run into her, just be pleasant and acknowledge her (smile and nod) but if she want to be snobby or avoid you then let her be. I know it is harsh but silent is better. Less then can be twisted against you. You can only do your best to be pleasant/ polite, you can't control how people choice to react ( based on their self esteem or feeling).

What Guys Said 3

• Dude, don't do it over text. That would make it even worse. Just be straight up with her. Tell her you don't have those feelings anymore and that you didn't think it would be fair to lead her along into something that you're not 100% in.

• There's no nicer way to put it, sorry. Just be completely honest with her and tell her it's over. Yeah, she'll be hurt at first but later down the road she'll thank you for not leading her on and that you were honest with your feelings.

• if you don't mind what's the reason of you ditching her?

• I don't like her anymore.. Kind of tired of it , I want something new

• dude, no matter what you will say she will never take the breakup lightly so just let her be and you can be apologetic.. well you can try the overused line "its not you its me" it might work