Do some guys actually want to pay for a dates?

Is this maybe some American thing? I go to University here and the other day asked me out. I told him I'd love to go, but we'd have to go somewhere cheap, because I'm short on money. He was like "oh no, don't worry about it , I'll pay for it" and I was like "plea't feel like you have to, we can just go to the beach or something". He answered "no I want to, it's common courtesy anyways"

Is it? Never happened to me before

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't like paying for dates, but most girls will throw a fit if you ask them out and ask her to go dutch on a first date. Most girls expect a guy to pay. I don't think that it is right, but that's why I generally go for very cheap first dates. I'm not trying to impress a girl based upon my hefty credit card limits.

What Guys Said 2

• It's still a social standard for the guy to pay for the first date. Most of us just see it as a normal thing.

• It's kind of a courtesy thing. It's also a way for a guy to show that he can take care of you if he needs to. Most girls I've meet here in the U.S. don't want to date a guy with no job :)

• well I wouldn't either but we're both in college. Most people in college don't have a whole lot of money

What Girls Said 2

• a gentleman pays

• Yes.generally the guys who really like you and wanna impress you and don't have major money issues are like that. Go out with those guys!