Would you consider a guy who couldn't afford a date?

he can't afford to pay for the first date and says he can't afford to pay his share either. Knowing that if you were to ever date this guy, you'd have to pay for you, him, and everything else...would you go forward with him? Why or why not? And how attractive do you think you are? Do you think the only girl who would entertain this type of guy is a girl who gets no attention and has no other options?

Most Helpful Guy

• I never let a girl pay for me no matter what. I usually take care of the bill, its a gentleman like thing

What Guys Said 7

• I've been struggling with employment lately, and only working part-time. I'm broke, and likely will be until I can find a permanent job. Even with that being the case, I would never expect a girl to pay for me.

I have a girlfriend, and we go on VERY inexpensive dates, and we stay home a lot, and we split the check sometimes, but if I couldn't afford to pay my own way at the very least, I wouldn't date at all.

Yes, the economy is bad, and it's really rough in California, because prices of everything are higher than ever (gas is over $4.50/gal right now), and there are few jobs. Many people are struggling financially though no real fault of their own, and who would normally be working and doing okay in a better economy. I think most people understand that, and don't expect most guys to be taking girls on expensive dates all the time right now, but you also need to be able to pull your own weight to SOME extent. There are always ways to make money, even if it's not a lot.

• In this economy, a lot of guys and girls are having a hard time with money. You can still go on cheap and free dates with people that care more about personality thank bank account balances.

• Person> his acount balance. With that said if the guy can't afford his share, then I can see why it would be annoying.

I get called cute a lot.. idk..

I think the only girl who would entertain this guy (wouldn't say type, you're going off money not personality or looks), would be someone who likes him for more than what's in his wallet and is willing to look past it. How would I know in the first place he was broke..unless someone started telling everyone her boyfriend can't afford dates, no one would ever know. I can't imagine him not being able to pay for at least his share though, even go to the movies for 8 bucks and don't buy food, like f***.. Is he not working or what?

• Frankly, I wouldn't be dating if I was struggling that much financially.

To be completely honest with you QA...that's why I'm not dating right now. I've gotten the "why are you single" by various females that I've met through friends and acquaintances.

If I was more financially stable, I would've been making moves! ;-)

• I'm flat broke, and would never make a girl pay on the first date, just no. I don't think I'm very attractive, I mean, I wish I looked like Ryan Reynolds or Gerrard Butler. I think I do however think I was better looking when I was younger because I was more in shape and had a very lean face. The question is, do you feel like you're just settling? I would never want to be with a girl who felt she gets no attention or has no other options and feels like she just settled with me.

• Well I am poor and don't have a lot of cash flow but come on expecting you to pay for the whole thing he sounds like a looser to me.I mean I would make a picnic or a walk around downtown or something.

• Most of the women I know wouldn't go on another date with him if that happened. Then again, I live in a college town where a lot of the girls wanna get their MRS degree moreso than their BA...

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think I would date him. He shouldn't be dating if he cannot afford to pay for his meals. I'm fine with paying my share of the bill but I most certainly won't be paying for him.

• It's a hard knock life =P I don't know if it was just someone I barely knew then it's like probably not. If it was a friend that I had interest in and I knew he was genuine and not a jerk then I wouldn't mind because sometimes you go through a hard time. It depends on circumstances I suppose.

• Someone once told it easy to fall in love with a poor boy as you would with a rich boy. I think the girl who fall for these guys are like anyone else but most time I found that they get bitter (girl) because they have to support the guy. Sometime the simple life of riding the bus or going on picnic is great but if a girl has to fork up the bill every time, it gets annoying.

• ..And this is why some guys just refuse to date if they know they are struggling financially. I mean, it's f***ing embarrassing if you have to ask a girl to pay to go out, or not even ask but merely say " I'm broke" I can't do it. The realistic truth is dating is expensive. You're always going to be spending money in one way or another.

• Well, it is the same for girl too if they want to Dutch but are struggling... The thing is you can make good friends and have a good time and in the end there will be more understanding of each other. It is not the end of the world if you are broke but MAKE/LET the girl pay every time is well cheap.