Guys, what do you think of a girl that suggests a second date?

Let's say you had an incredible first date with a girl, text her two hours after it has ended. You talk over the course of a week and she suggests a second date, not ask you directly, but says she wants to go somewhere and it would be nice if you were there too. Does it give you a negative or positive view on the girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very positive. Guys can be very thick at times. They need to have the path pointed out to them very clearly. We may be wondering if she liked us, should we call her, what if she didn't like the date and says no (leading to a fear of rejection that was probably encountered asking her out the first time) and numerous other things our brains can think up.

Be direct about what you are thinking and feeling. Tell him that you enjoyed your first date, what you liked about it, how you would like to get to know him better, etc. This will help keep the date on a good level and moving on important things such as getting to know each other. It will also help you decide if he has the same thoughts / feelings. Or did he just think you have one of the finest butts he has ever seen. This will help you figure out his motivation if he agrees to a second date.

There is nothing wrong in the modern world of a girl asking the guy for a second date - and I am an older traditionalist who believes in chilvary. At the same time, if you know what you like, don't be afraid to check it out a bit further. No guts, no glory, no second date.

Good luck with it!

What Guys Said 14

• I think it is great. It shows that she's interested in me, and I don't have to do all the planning. That's not to say I don't mind doing some of the planning, it is just great to have a girl that isn't afraid to show interest if she's digging me as a guy.

• Why do girls think there would be a negative reation if they ask a guy out. If you had a good time, ask him. It's not complicated.

• lol just wondering because the guy completely ignored my text when I said that. I thought it was something positive at the time, especially with me being shy but seems like something that must have turned him off.

• It doesn't change my view of anything else about her, but it does provide a lot of clarity, which is important. I know right away she's interested in pursuing things further, so I can take the initiative to ask her out again. If she doesn't show any initiative or any hints suggesting that I take initiative, I could likely conclude she isn't interested and move on to someone else.

Hey, you snooze you lose.

• I say positive view. I would ask where she wanted to go and when it is taking place.

also it would let me know she enjoyed the date too.

• If she has to suggest a second date, it means the guy didn't do his job. If the guy wants a second date, he asks at the end of the first date.

Anyway It definitely means the girl likes the guy. But if the guy didn't ask for a second date, then perhaps it's because he doesn't want to go on a second date.

• Positive of course, let's me know she's interested.

• it's great

• Positive. Shows she's interested in me and gives me a confidence boost and the fact I wanted to date I the first place means I'm interested (I never date casually) so it seems both parties are legitimately interested and it's a good sign.

• if only more girls like that existed

• It's a good thing, guys also love to be chased & feel wanted too. But if your suggesting it the next date, you should pay for it.

• I hate how some people think that guys hate girls that initiate a date.

No, it's a big positive in my eyes.

• positive; means she likes me, so why would I see that negatively?

• I want to be the one asking for a second date.

• definitely a positive

What Girls Said 1

• Dont ask second date as a girl. Just make him crazy to see you again :)