How long do guys wait before texting a girl?

so I met this guy last night,and I gave him my number. how long do guys usually wait before texting a girl?

Most Helpful Guy

• 3 day rule is played out. If I'm bored, I am texting you to hang out THAT weekend. Don't be surprised if he is texting you RIGHT NOW.

What Guys Said 1

• give him a day or two, comes off as being wayy to needy, if he hasn't texted/called in a week he's not interested

What Girls Said 1

• This one guy and I have been hanging out a lot lately. At first, it was due to me. He wouldn't ever text me or contact me first. I felt like I was being desperate, always initiating the convos and whatnot. But we've gotten a lot closer since then, and I asked him a while later why he was never texting me first or anything. He said straight up, he was just intimidated by me and my beauty, and didn't really think he had a chance.

So, with this advice, I say you should not just wait for him to text you, but you might want to try texting him, after a few days or so. Keep it simple though, Id say try not to engage in long text convos. But rather, text him plans to meet up, then you can chat in person and you will be able to read him better, since I think they say 95% of what you say is body language...

Good luck though, & don't be afraid to text him! If he's interested, he'd be happy to hear from you!