Girls is it boring to you if a guy just texts you "hey"?

Does it make you immediately not excited to text him or think about him differently maybe in a not so sexual way? What would you rather a guy text you instead?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah that is boring. If she likes you though she will most likely reply. I personally prefer something flirty. Something I do with guys is say "I'm talking about you ;)" the wink makes it not so creepy. It works for me. I also tried this today:

If you delete this text you love me, if you save it you want to be with me, if you ignore it you miss me, if you reply you want to kiss me. Whatcha gonna do with it?!

Of course thisguy is like a boyfriend to me. If we lived close by we would be dating. So just get creative. Tell them to listen to a song or send them a quote/poem. My guy did this and he told me to listen to "what makes you beautiful" by one direction. Hope this helps!

What Girls Said 7

• That's so boring. I get that the guy just wants to talk, but I hate small talk. I'd prefer it if he texted something that'll start a conversation, like "I'm about to watch my favorite movie" or something. My best friend and I only text each other when we have something to say, and that's how I prefer it. :)

• If he's just texting me out of the blue, I really don't care if it starts with a "hey" or "hi." I mean, it's just a hello - there's time to follow up with actual conversation. I like knowing he wants to talk to me, and that he doesn't need a reason.

However, if the conversation is a procession of "Hey," "What's up?" "Not much" etc, then I get kind of bored - obviously he doesn't have much to say.

• Yes, I'd rather he texts me if he actually has something to say.

• Yes. Why do you boys do that? Just type little stuff?

• Actually I use to get really excited by just getting that text, of course it would lead into a deeper conversation but I liked it.

• yeah, its boring.. say hey then ask something,

• just a "hey"?... hey what?

lol. even if I werent attracted to him and he were just a friend, a "hey" is quite a lame thing to text someone.. without going on to say something else. =/

What Guys Said 1

• yes hey is a really over used word with very little meaning . she likely will think you didn't have time to think about what you want to talk about so you sent that just to get her attention . comes across as a bit desperate