Is it bad to date someone that is 16 when I'm 19?

Hey, I graduated high school last year, but my senior year I met this freshman chick that was pretty cool, and apparently she told my friends that she is interested in me. Do you all think the age difference is too much?

Most Helpful Guy

• First off, I feel age is just a number, at least within reason. An age gap of a few years can be closed easily enough, and ultimately doesn't matter. Why do I say this? How do I know? Experience.For reference, I have dated...

- A: one girl, who was two years younger for several months.

- B: one girl who was three years younger, for a few months.

- C: two girls who were five years younger, One for a summer, the other for three years.

(and)

- D: am currently dating my best friend, six years younger than me for over five and a half years

I think some people might look at you funny, and there is always a chance her parents might object (be on your best behavior with them, try to butter them up) but three years is not that huge a gap, and for the most part age is just a number, so long as you two have enough in common, and you're good to one another. So really, if it looks like dating her would be good, then go for it. Forget the age difference. (And, unless they're the law, I say, )Forget anyone who tells you to stop. Just be good to her, and try to win over her parents, and if you can do that, there shouldn't be anyone else that matters.

I wish you the best of luck. I hope you two are happy together.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 4

• She's illegal for the next 2 1/2 3 years remember that. See if the relationship is approved by HER parents first. I know 2 or 3 guys that were ARRESTED. By HER parents because they didn't approve and said that the dude was molesting her. Legally they won and these guys spent like 6 months in jail with probation after. Sad but true. Be careful

• No its not. I have seen people with an age difference of 10 to 15 years date. 3 years is okay if she is okay. Ask her.

• wait till she 17 to have sex and no your good

• It's only 3 years difference. Its like a 20 year old dating a 23 year old, not that big of deal at all.

What Guys Said 2

• Three years is hardly an age difference. Go for it man. A woman matures much earlier, so it is better that a man finds a younger woman for a relationship. All the best. You are not cradle snatching.

• BTW, my late wife was 11 years younger than me and an angel indeed. I loved her very much and she reciprocated.