Do you compare whoever you're dating with your EX?

Maybe not intentionally and not necessarily about a specific thing such as sex, etc... but do you compare from time to time in your mind?

I'm happy I never had a FANTASTIC EX that any other guy would come off short (no pun intended) after some comparison but I feel that everyone compares once in a while.

Do you compare?

• Yes, I compare my EX to others I'm dating.
  • No, I never compare my EX to others I'm dating.
  • See answer

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone who says no is lying (unless they have no one to compare to) because everyone does it without thinking.

What Guys Said 3

• I suppose I might do that every once in a while, but not often. I realize that each person is unique, and I don't expect one to be exactly like another in any area. Part of the adventure of dating for me is learning each new girl's likes, dislikes, skills, desires, etc.

As long as they are reasonably close to what I want in the important areas, the rest will work itself out.

• I hate when anyone compares person A to person B rather it's a friend to a family member or a partner to an ex-partner.

the only time it's OK to compare people is when you are talking about actors, dentists, doctors, and craft people. than it's comparing them through their job tittle and not who they are.

• No, as I find every new girl different. There's no point in constantly trying to compare to an ex. To me, if I'm no longer with an ex, it is for a good reason. As such, it is rude to compare the new girl to the old girl. I try to block out my ex's from my mind as best I can, as I think that's emotionally the best thing to do to focus on the new person.

What Girls Said 2

• I will say yes. I have met an amazing guy and now when I see my ex (who I still see on a regular basis) I can't help but think wow...i can't believe I was serious about him when I look at how much better my new guy is in a lot of ways (mainly in the way he treats me etc...not physically or anything).

• I've compared in the opposite direction. I had an ex who was pretty emotionally abusive and it's kind of hard for me to have certain things happen in a relationship without automatically jumping back to that and thinking "Gosh, he's acting a little like ____"