Online Dating: Should I send a 2nd message if he didn't respond to the 1st?

It's my first time trying online dating. I saw a guy I liked, and I messaged him...Hello, nice picture taken at _____. How was the trip like?

He checked my message, but never responded.

Should I message him back? If so, how long should I wait? And, what should I say?

It's my first time, so I'm so clueless as to what to do and not do.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't spam, as it looks desperate. Give him at least a few days to read the message and reply to it if he wishes. If after a week (and he's logged in) he hasn't replied, you can send him one more just in case it got pushed down in his inbox and he missed it. If you get no response after that, it is time to move on to a another guy.

• It's been a week, and I know he checked the message (cause it gives timestamps of when messages are read).

Any suggestions of what the second message would consist of?

• Thanks

• You're welcome and good luck. Online dating is a numbers game. Keep playing the odds until you find what you want.

What Guys Said 2

• Let's forget being courteous and stuff here. It's prudent and good for your selfrespect not to bother with him anymore.

In one word - NO

• How long as it been since he checked your msg?

Ppl lives lives and he may have checked it real fast, but didn't have time to reply.

• A week ago.

• I wouldn't trip about it yet; just continue to keep fishing that dating site for other men! :)

• Thanks

What Girls Said 2

• No don't be clingy.you can't force someone to respond to you.if he read it, but chose not to respond, move on

• probably not.