Why do girls flake on dates so much?

Why do girls give out their number easily but then when you want to meet up with them they flake?

0|0
9|5

Most Helpful Girl

• You haven't build up a good enough connection for her to owe you anything. By that I mean you weren't memorable, you didn't spark enough interest and attraction. Girls flake because there isn't enough there.

1|2
    0|1
    • finally a good response

What Girls Said 8

• I don't do this myself, but maybe because it seems easier for them to give in and ignore them than rejecting them. They may think it's not as harsh.

1|1
    0|0
  • When a guy asks us for our number, we don't always assume it's for those reasons.

0|1
    1|1
    • what other reason could there be?

• Maybe she changed her mind or was talking to multiple guys at once and chose one rather than the other?

• LOL I usually give fake numbers to creepers so I don't know; I'd meet up with the people I've given my real number to. :P

0|0
    0|0
  • Move the f*** on. Don't complain. Find girls who are willing to go on dates with you.

0|2
    1|2
  • When guys ask me for my number, I give it to them because I don't want to be rude or ruin their courage. By doing this, I know I give the pretense that I am interested but in most cases I am not. That is when I flake, which probably is worse than saying no in the first place. Sorry. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • Did you get to know her past "Hi, my name is..." at all? I know that I flake when I don't know guys well enough and they want to hang out alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because often times a guy will call, take them out and end up being a one-night stand. It's therefore better for them to flake before anything gets started than for the guy to flake right after any action takes place.

0|0
    1|2
  • Because for some girls when they give their number it doesn't mean they are interested to meet up or dates.I am a bit different here.When I give a guy my number means I have intention to date him.

0|0
    0|0
    • what other intentions are there?

• I want to get to know him closer...I don't simply give any guys my number.

What Guys Said 5

• They flake because they're not interested. I don't really view getting a girls number as the goal, but as a natural part of a good conversation.

0|0
    0|0
  • so that you're gonna go away asap. that's why.

1|1
    0|0
  • How are you trying to meet up with them?

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously, I never had that problem. Maybe it is who you are choosing.

0|0
    0|0
  • can't stand this

0|0
    0|0