Why do girls flake on dates so much?

Why do girls give out their number easily but then when you want to meet up with them they flake?

Most Helpful Girl

• You haven't build up a good enough connection for her to owe you anything. By that I mean you weren't memorable, you didn't spark enough interest and attraction. Girls flake because there isn't enough there.

• finally a good response

What Girls Said 8

• I don't do this myself, but maybe because it seems easier for them to give in and ignore them than rejecting them. They may think it's not as harsh.

• When a guy asks us for our number, we don't always assume it's for those reasons.

• what other reason could there be?

• Maybe she changed her mind or was talking to multiple guys at once and chose one rather than the other?

• LOL I usually give fake numbers to creepers so I don't know; I'd meet up with the people I've given my real number to. :P

• Move the f*** on. Don't complain. Find girls who are willing to go on dates with you.

• When guys ask me for my number, I give it to them because I don't want to be rude or ruin their courage. By doing this, I know I give the pretense that I am interested but in most cases I am not. That is when I flake, which probably is worse than saying no in the first place. Sorry. :(

• Did you get to know her past "Hi, my name is..." at all? I know that I flake when I don't know guys well enough and they want to hang out alone.

• Because often times a guy will call, take them out and end up being a one-night stand. It's therefore better for them to flake before anything gets started than for the guy to flake right after any action takes place.

• Because for some girls when they give their number it doesn't mean they are interested to meet up or dates.I am a bit different here.When I give a guy my number means I have intention to date him.

• what other intentions are there?

• I want to get to know him closer...I don't simply give any guys my number.

What Guys Said 5

• They flake because they're not interested. I don't really view getting a girls number as the goal, but as a natural part of a good conversation.

• so that you're gonna go away asap. that's why.

• How are you trying to meet up with them?

• Seriously, I never had that problem. Maybe it is who you are choosing.

• can't stand this