Going to a concert for a first date?

I was trying to look for something cool to do for a first date and saw that Weezer will be playing this weekend at the state fair. This would be our first official date, but is kind of like a second date almost. I met this girl on Saturday and we talked for 3 -4 hours so that kind of took the place of that first date just get to know each other part. Because it's at the fair there is no opener, so the show would probably only be about an hour and a half, and we would have seats. I was thinking maybe getting something to eat before or after. Or since we'd already be at the fair, just hanging at the fair afterward. So good idea or not? I'm not super sure she likes Weezer, but I think she likes that kind of music.

Most Helpful Girl

• So she likes that kind of music -- that's a good start -- but make sure that you have some down time with her so you can chat before and after the concert so the whole event doesn't pass by without you're getting to know one another.

A lot of dates start at pick-up and end right after the main event (concert, show, movie), but don't include a quiet coffee or beer before or after the event, so you know just as little about each other at the start of the date as you do at the end, which is no good. Dating should involve a natural progression into familiarity...

• well it's probably at least a half hour drive. So there's some time to talk.

• Hmm. That's true, but it's not really a good opportunity for you to read her body language towards you, to see how she looks at you when you're asking or answering a question. It's good for rudimentary convos with friends more than the sorts of interaction you want with a romantic interest...

For example, a guy friend was visiting for the first time in a while. We've always been sort of interested in each other, but never started anything. He asked if I could met him. Usually I -->

• --> don't accept same day invites, but we know e/o & our respective situations, so I asked him to meet me for a bit at a place with open space & quiet corners, leaving it up to him to choose which one he wanted. I had something else to do with friends afterward, but wanted to see him. I was very pleased that he had picked a quiet corner with romantic lighting to chat for a couple of hours. He drove me to the train so I wasn't out in the rain -- the ride wasn't the highlight of the evening (HINT).

What Girls Said 3

• I think that would be a very sweet idea! Surprise her with it though.

Even if she doesn't like the music she'll appreciate the gesture!

(and if she doesn't, she's not worth your time!)

• lol OK thanks. Should we go eat first? Or since it's at the fair should we just hang out and eat at the fair after?

• ya maybe. OK new question. Since it's at the fair, you can get into the upper levels free with your fair admission. Or you can buy tickets to the lowers sections. Tickets are $25 to sit in the lower section. The free section is first come first serve, so we may be stuck way in the back. So should I buy tickets or just go with the free section?

• It depends on the size of the stage area, and your preference. I personally think forking out the extra cash and going to sit up closer would be more respectable, and make you come off as less 'cheap' BUT if she is really into you then that shouldn't matter and she should be happy no matter what you choose to do. It's the intent and thought that counts, either way the fact that you are doing this is really sweet and she should feel good that you were thinking of her.

• Hmm my personal opinion...My I think second date with my now boyfriend was at a concert and it was kind of awkward because the music was so loud I could hardly hear him, and wasn't too familiar with the band so he was enjoying the music but I felt out of place because I was the only person not so into the music and singing along. BUT you could just ask her, and if she says yes right away then go ahead with it; if she hesitates or doesn't seem too excited about it, make a new plan. I guess if she likes Weezer then it's a good idea

• As long as it's fairly cheap. Expensive first dates are tricky...and neither side is entirely comfortable with them.

What Guys Said 3

• We are going to AC/DC concert soon. And it is out first date :) I've already got our tickets from http://centercourtticket.com website, and I am totally ready now. I hope, everything will be fine. It is the first girl who likes exactly the same music as me :)

• great idea!

• the first date I took my current girlfriend was a concert, she loved it. find out if she likes weezer first.

• Awesome thanks. We were talking about bands similar to weezer when we met so I think she would like them. And it's Weezer. Who doesn't like Weezer?