Need help with first date ideas!

Okay so I've been talking to this guy for about a week and a half now. We've known each other since junior high (we're seniors now) but we've never really talked in person. Anyways last night he asked me to hang out this weekend and of course I said yes cause I like him. He suggested a movie but my friends and I aren't so sure that's the best idea for a "first date" cause you won't be talking that much. So my question is do you guys have any more ideas of what we could do instead or is a movie just right?

What Guys Said 1

• Guys like movies as the first date, especially at that age. If he's unsure how you feel towards him, it gives him an opportunity to find out. If you insist on paying for your own ticket, you just want to be friends. If you let him pay, more like a date. During the movie you can just watch the movie, don't have to worry about awkward silence/conversation. Then presumably you'll hang out after the movie, at which point you will at least have the movie to talk about, again reducing the awkward silence/conversation.

What Girls Said 1

• I don't suggest a movie for first time. Also I never want to go movie with my boyfriend. I prefer my friends for movie. Doing picnic, walking in downtown and exploring a good coffee shop, going to a funfair, hiking or depends on where you live some local activities should be cool. Enjoy!