Should I block him or not?

This is SUCH a silly question but just want some insight. Basically boyfriend broke up with me 2 weeks ago, since then there have been minimal contact and yesterday I actually wrote him a nice text saying that I forgive him and that I think we can still perhaps consider putting this behind us (we ended badly) and to just sort of reconcile. I was not referring to getting back together, just sort of you know, saying our apologies and bringing closure cause like I said, it was a bad break up and we started with a fight and ended with him breaking up and storming off. Clearly emotions went bonkers and I just felt like we shouldn't end a 6 month relationship on that note.

Either way, he blocked me on what's app. I was shocked because this was very unlike him and I thought he would have at least replied. So basically it's like a slap in the face and just shows he's not willing to reconcile. I sent him a final text to his phone saying I won't ever bother him again and thanked him for the good times and just made it short and sweet. Of course he didn't reply again (didn't expect him too). Now my question is should I also block him from what's app as well? I sort of ask this because in the future I have a feeling that he'll want to try to contact me again but now I don't know how break up etiquette works. Should I just block him now for the rest of my life or give him the opportunity to send me a message?

This is my first real break up so I'm clueless.

Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry this has happened to you. I don't think you even want our answers. You don't want to block him because you hope that he will contact you & you two will get back together again. Am I right?

You need to do what you want to do. And when you don't know what to do, in any situation (unless it's life or death), is do nothing. Let it ride. That's right. Don't do anything right now because you may regret it later. If you block him now & he tries to contact you, you'll hate yourself. On the other hand, if a guy who has a temper like that, who cannot forgive or at least hear you out when you are apologizing, well, is he really someone that you should have in your life?

So, give yourself time to think. Doing nothing may be the right thing right now. Think about how he behaved towards you and how he handled his anger. Use this information to process what you want in the next man.

Again, you are not clueless. I think you know what you want to do. Good luck.

• thank you... I don't want to get back together again. That's not why I hope for him to contact me, I just truly didn't want to walk away as angry friends. We were each others best friends and we had many special moments together so it just feels like such a bleak ending you know? But I like your advice and it's helped me a lot :) Thank you heaps!

• You're welcome. If it helps you, I will say that I find that most men seem to just walk away & never look bad. And it doesn't seem to matter if it was a good or bad break up. I'm sure they may disagree with me, but from my experience & those of my friends & acquaintances, this seems to be the consciences. When they're done with you, they're done. We want closure, they could care less, it means nothing to them. So, cherish the good times & forget the bad, move on to greener pastures...like a man.:D

• Thanks for B.A. and good luck, I hope all goes well.

What Guys Said 7

• Block him, out of sight... out of mind. I know you're trying to do the right thing by not blocking him but sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. I hate being mean to people, and I hate excluding a person I once knew from my life, at the end of the day if they're not receptive to your advances then you're only really left with one choice. He put you in this position, not you... I'm sure whatever option you choose will work out, But what I will say is that he might try and take advantage of your kindness and good nature, don't let that happen!

• Just delete his number, and never speak to him again. Nothing fancy...just end all communication. Next time, don't waste your time trying to reconcile a break up...its pointless.

• So you'd reckon that reconciling is a bad thing? In all situations? I just feel like it's so sad to walk away from a serious relationship with angry feelings and resentment. I don't understand why it's wrong to just want to sort of say "we're cool" and then move on. Is it always pointless?

• Due to the fact that it was a bad break up and you guys stormed off mad...you should have waited much much longer than 2 weeks to contact him. You didn't give him enough time to cool off. It's never too late to reconcile...clear things up etc...but trying too early can make things worse. The reason for the break up, and how long you were together comes into play also.

• Don't block him because that does nothing. Just move in with your life and don't worry about getting e-retaliation on him.

• the guy is a jerk, you can do better.

• Just forget him he's obviously childish.

• I recently had somebody a girl kick me of her list on fb because I saw something she commented on or liked show up on my feed. Out of curiosity I clicked on it because it had a nice looking girl for a picture. I saw where she commented and I commented also. Then she went ape s*** and deleted for simply that. She was still in the group we were in though and I noticed she was still there, but under things I posted on the wall it said something like whatever without her picture there. Come to find out she blocked me. Because of her childish behavior I kicked her out of the group and searched fb under her name and blocked everything that had anything to do with her name both in the group and on my fb account.

• thanks for the story :)

• Lol thank you for thanking me for that story and you're welcome. I just thought it might be interesting anyway.

• Don't bother blocking him. There's nothing to be gained by it. Just ignore him for now. If at some point in the future he tries to contact you (which is possible, but by no means certain) then you should decide how you feel about things then, not now.

What Girls Said 4

• I would say not.

Obviously, this is your life, you need to be comfortable with your decision, but you tried to take the mature approach and he showed his true colors/immature side to you.

If you want your space from him, then it would be understandable to block him. But, I think if you were serious about a potential friend in him then I wouldn't. He will give you the time you need and that way if he does get brave and unblock you, you'll be there one day.

Give him the opportunity. Emotions are probably still running high, just leave him for a while. And if he doesn't come around...he wasn't worth your time!

Nobody can give you a guide, we can just help you with how you feel. Don't feel clueless, break ups are so hard and it's horrible to know what to do. I feel your pain sweetheart, stay strong.

• Nah, I wouldn't block him. Ignore it, ignore him, that's the best way to show you're moving on.

• you look like Tswift! screw him :P

• i agree just ignore and don't block. also, don't initiate conversation again. if time comes he will send you a message then its up to you if you will reply or not, just don't text first