Would you date a blind a person?

I have really fallen out of the dating scene as far as anyone with eyeballs goes because guy either end up treating like some delicate flower, another notch in their belt or, like there terrified I'm gonna fall down and have a seizure at any second. I can tell they have questions people always have questions meeting me but when I'm on a date the last thing I want do sit talk about my disability.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm one of the guys that would treat you like some delicate flower. Yes, I know it might be annoying at times. But when a boy truly cares about a girl, he might become over-protective. You can't change that; just like everyone has to accept their partner's weaknesses, you have to accept that, too. That doesn't mean the person doesn't find you normal; it means he aknowledges your difficulties and wants to make sure you are alright. I think it's far better than someone who might take advantage of it. True love always entails overprotective instincts.

This is where conversation comes in. If a nice guy starts asking about your disability during a date, you could politely tell him that you'd rather spend time with him and leave this for another time. If he is becoming overprotective, you could aknowledge his interest in a sweet way and reassure him that things aren't that bad. I assure you he will calm down! You can't expect from someone who loves you not to worry, though.

As for the title question...I personally would date a blind girl. If chemistry is there and we can be happy together, I can't see any reason not to. Don't be scared of silly stereotypes, because they don't exist in the hearts of people who can love truly!

What Guys Said 6

• I personally would date a blind girl, I have no problems with most dissabilities, but to fully understand a dissability, you need to be educated on it, but I understand your reason as to why you wouldn't want to have this as the main convo during a date, which leads me to believe, I wouldn't want that either, but there's no way I would not date someone because of a dissability,x

• It all depends on the reason you're blind. Is it a potentially inheritable disease causing blindness? Or is it an incident that will only affect you? In either case, the girl would still have to meet my expectations of a Girlfriend just like a girl with normal vision.

• No not genetic just me optic nerve damage

• I have dated blind, had a blind roommate (girl, not romantic or sexual). In case of room, we set out basic rules like making sure things ended up in the same place, not re-arranging rooms as a surprise. Then, basically a non issue.

On dates, would treat her like any other date. I like holding hands, couple of times she thought I was being a guide dog, we worked that out. Would go to movies, dinner, like with anyone, would talk over what we wanted to do.

Gone with 5-6 blind girls, one developed into a relationship. All were women I liked and wanted to go with, just so happened they are blind.

Still have friends, m/f, that are blind, couple deaf, couple in wheelchairs. All get treated the same, oldest is 45 nearly 20 years younger than me, for those thinking of my age (64).

Oh, roommate, we were early 20s. Ended when she married her boyfriend. :)

• The problem is many people are indeed afraid to hurt you and don't know how you expect them to handle it. Telling them clearly what ou expect might help.

• I would date a blind girl, at last someone who looks to the inside, not that I'm ugly, just my personality is my strong point.

• It would put a new meaning on having her "rob me blind", that's for sure!

• Bad pun, but I first heard it used by a girl I dated, who kicked off with, "now you can rob me blind". Yes she is, wicked sense of humor.

What Girls Said 3

• No. *I* wouldn't date a blind person because I am deaf. He wouldn't be able to see me sign (talk with my hands) and he can't hear me because I only communicate with my hands. If I could hear, I would date a blind guy if he is everything I want in a guy. Sure.

I can't say I can relate to you in terms of talking about my disability on a date because I don't get asked out by guys (who are not deaf). However, what I, as a deaf person, have to deal with is everyone keeps asking me what is the sign for this and that. "How do you say 'thank you' in sign language?" "How do you say 'screw you' in sign language?" I hate it when people ask me for signs for vulgar words because it kind of feel like they are 'taking advantage' of me.

I *know* I am a great catch but guys out there don't know that because they never give me a chance! It doesn't matter that I'm very attractive and have a great personality. (Their loss!) At *least* they ask you out! Be grateful for that. To be honest, I would trade places with you. I would choose having to put up with being treated like a delicate flower and talking about my disability over no date at all.

• I realize this post is a little outdated, but I can't resist offering my 2-cents, so here goes..

I have been in a relationship with a wonderful, intelligent, funny, and handsome boy for almost 4 years now, and he is legally blind, as in he has no vision in one of his eyes, and very little in his other. He also has Type one Diabetes. It's been hard, but we deal.

We are both 17. Meaning, we started dating at the age of 14, if you could call it that--for it was more of a bond than anything else, a way to hold on to each other. He would tell me even before then that he loved me, that he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me, that if it were up to him, he would never let me go; and he still tells me that. We tell each other we love each other several times a day, every day. Before him, I had a hard time believing love existed for me. I certaintly did not believe in such a thing as "soul mates." But now we are engaged, and I couldn't be happier. I know, I know..*engaged at 17.* He is my best friend before anything, and then the love of my life after that. We see movies together, cook together, play boardgames, go bicycle riding together. We share the same political and religious beliefs. Our love outweighs any typical teenage romance, and I sincerely mean that: to map out your entire future with someone else before even the subject of dating comes up. That means you don't need a name for it--you just know that you were made for that person. And another thing--we've been together for 4 years and the subject of sex hasn't even come up. That's love. And I'm glad it's that way! We are romanticaly attracted to one another, while at the same time we realize that we're best friends before anything. We're in this together.

People can say they wouldn't date someone if they were blind, deaf, etc., but in the end it really counts on how much you love that person. And I am MARRYING someone who is blind. So that is my answer. :-)

• no