How do you feel about the who texts who first thing?

I have this guys friend who I kind of like and he we text a lot. I usually text him first and if I don't then we won't talk. He says he likes talking to me but he refuses to text first. I'm afraid if I text him every day he will get annoyed with me. But I usually text him first anyway cause I like talking to him. Should I continue to do this or like go a day or two with out texting him and see if he texts first?

How do you feel about who texts first? Does it matter to you?

• Guy should text first
  • Girl should text first
  • Both should text first equally
  • It really doesn't matter

Most Helpful Guy

• It doesn't really matter, as long as both parties respond to each other.

What Guys Said 7

• Ther are no thumb rules to who should call or text first etc and it doesn't matter to me.

However, too mcuh texting can get irritating.

If people have hang ups about 'who should text / call first', 'how many times do I text / call viz-a-viz him/her' then it's pretty lame and immature, not a sign of long lasting relationship.

• If you want to talk to someone, you should just up and text them. Doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl. But I imagine he's sick of always initiating things so he's looking for a girl who takes initiative. That's my guys. But still, if he really cares heh would make and effort here and there.

• equality, dammit.

i will f***in stop texting a girl all together if she's waiting for me to text her first all the time.

cause that's bullsh*t, and my tolerance for bullsh*t is like, below ground.

• A lot of people are just not the type to text or call first. That doesn't mean that they don't want to talk to you, at all. They just don't want to be pushy or intrusive. Is he natrually a shy kind of guy?

• Guys like it when a girl text first just as much as girls like it when guys text first, so I'd have to say equal.

• id prefer if each other texted first about the same amount. If the girl never texts first I would assume she doesn't really want to talk to me

• As a guy, I don't mind texting first most of the time.

The problem is that it can lead to a feeling of your situation, if I don't text we don't talk.

With friends, I feel it's less of a big deal though.

What Girls Said 14

• My boyfriend texted first (mostly because he got back to the states before I did) but I called him first.

• I think if he is intersted then he should text first! like it should be equal you shouldn't have to do it all the time! if he says he likes talking to u... then I would stop texting hin and see if its TRUE he will text you first if he is interested! GOOD LUCK ANSWER My most recent one please! AND everyone else help me also PLEASEEE

• i put it doesn't really matter but I think if a guy doesn't text first it has more of a negative meaning becuase men are accused of not being emotionally knowledable as it is and if they don't text first then assumptions are made early on that he isn't really interested.

if that makes sense lol

• i think it should be equal. but I do like it when a guy texts me first, cause then I know that he's not busy and has time. but when I text a guy first, I have no idea whether he's with friends or occupied.

• Both should equally, but I personally prefer when he texts first. I'd not text him for a day or two and see if he texts you first then. If I don't text my soon-to-be boyfriend(meaning I just got out of a relationship and he's giving me time before we start dating officially) for a day he texts me and ask how I am and says he missed talking to me the day before. :)

• I voted D. If you want to talk to someone, talk to them. Don't think about who texts whom first.

• I think you should go a day or so with out texting him. He'll miss you if he likes you. That might prompt him to text you first! good luck.

• Both should put their hat in the ring. You can't always do it and he can't always depend on you to do everything

• if he asking me out he should text me

• I think both should text equally.

• After exchanging numbers...the guy should always text first. And shortly thereafter. But after a few days, it's perfectly acceptable for the girl to text first

• if you wanna text them, text them. There are no rules!

• Story of my life :p

I think the guy shall text first!

But sometimes the girl also has to text first. Not every time!

I think you should wait for two days or so, to see if he texts first!

• I think whoever is interested should go ahead and send the text.