My girlfriend has one particular guy friend I'm worried about. What would you do?

my girlfriend has one particular guy friend I'm worried about. from what I know of him, not a close one as they don't see each other but just talk on texts..and its always him texting her and its someone she has known for longer time than me. thing is he will text her always late at night, say around 11pm which I firstly think is odd..like he's trying to only talk to her when she's alone and hoping I'm not there.

now I don't have a problem with her having any male friends but when the texts are coming in all the time I start to get paranoid. so I ended up reading the messages on her phone from him. most of them were OK, they he was trying to change the subject all the time to sex and saying he's holding his **** and thinking of her etc etc. now this got me fuming. luckily she didn't entertain this and just said , "o right that's nice" in her usual sarcastic way

now because she didn't react to this and reply with sex texts should I just leave it or should I kick off with him and tell him to back off as I know it happens and I know my girlfriend will now delete those texts from him as I've raised an issue before with a "friend" of hers who was getting to close.

what should I do, she hasn't done anything wrong but he has! ? help please

Most Helpful Guy

• the trust level has gone past the point. As she may turn the trust issue with her reading her texts, and down playing their interactions. GET THIS THROUGH to her because this is occuring often enough to bring up a concern for you she is allowing this to happen and feeding his emotional lover affair attempts. Regaurdless of her reaction towards him she is flirting back by not straightening him out and stopping the contact.

My experiances with this type of person is she will lean towards him when and if things go south with you two. Even a disagreement he will be there for her ready and waiting. You should not trust her if she has done this before and continues with another now... I don't care how long the situation and contact they had before was none of that matters if she is allowing this to continue..

One example of me being the other guy. I contacted an old girl friend started texting her she responded to some early texts about catching up and curious about what we are doing now... I continued to text her for alternative motives. She stopped responding to them and I got the message... There was no need for me to contact her

YOUR GIRL NEEDS TO STOP ALLOWING THIS ! it is wrong and hurtful and just plain selfish.

What Girls Said 1

• just ask her to tell him ,that his text are not only disrespectful to her but you as well and he should not be texting her so late either...he is trying to sabotage your relationship its so obvious especially if he knows she has a boyfriend, and she's too nice to see that...talking this out in a calm manner will help but in the end it is totally up to her to cut him off,he is a creep

What Guys Said 4

• He's not her friend. The friendship is a pretext to be close to her until he's able to become something more. Most guys befriend girls that they find attractive and want to "tap" whenever possible.

She may not realize this, but the manner in which he's flirting with her conveys his lack of respect for her. He knows that she's in a relationship and yet flirts with her as if she's single and down for anything. This guy is definitely in it for sex.

Pull him to the side for a man to man to tell him that his subversive behavior will not be tolerated, then have her address the situation to back you.

• Its a critical personal situation, but as you have brought it here. I would say that you should talk to him directly and tells him clearly that he is crossing his limits.

Also, one thing which might offend you is that I can't give your girlfriend a clear note, as she may not replying his with sex texts but also she is not asking him to stop sending such texts. What's in her mind is not clear but also its something which does not seem right too.

• i'd tell him to back off and tell your girl to not even bother messaging him back as she's fueling his fire. Also she might be keeping him around for a plan B

• respect her privacy 1st. 2nd you don't seem like you trust her to start with. she's known him longer than you so you really don't know what they talk about. maybe you should get a different girl since it 'happened before' & you had to run off a guy that was 'too close'