Did she REALLY not get my text?

Girls ether don't reply to a text, or they reply many many hours later, or days later.

I SEE YOU LADIES on your phones going crazy texting all day. There is no way you didn't see my text.

So then do ladies just not reply when they are not interested in someone? Or not write too much so they don't appear desperate or needy?

Do girls reply to texts soon for a hot, fun and funny guy they are totally digging?

Or are girls really not getting the message guys send? How does this work ladies? With the hours you spend texting a day, I imagine you can find time for every guy that messages you, whether you know you like them or not!

I guess my question needs to be.

When a girl texts back hours later...I mean 4 to 6 hours later or the next day, does this mean:

She is...:

A. Trying not to look desperate

B. Trying to make it seem like she doesn't text all day

C. Legitimately busy

D. Trying to show lack of interest

Most Helpful Girl

• Umm please don't generalize and sound like all girls do it. I reply to all my texts as soon as I see them, I'm not with my phone 24/7, and I'm actually not one of those people that you see with their faces glued to their phones. If I have no reason to hold my phone, I keep it in my purse/school bag and leave it there, so much so that when people do text me, I often reply on average 2 hours later.

I reply to everyone's text, whether I have a crush on someone or they are just friends, and I reply pretty fast if I'm indeed with my phone.

• It sounds like my generalization is accurate.

• I am talking to a girl now that replies 6-12 hours later normally. In the first week she replied minutes later. Now we are in midterms at school. What is the best way to figure out if the girl is interested? Keep in mind we have gone out two times and she has insisted on a 3rd time out and where she pays. Is she really too busy to reply to a text in a timely manner?

• The fact that she insisted on a 3rd date I think already shows a great deal that she's interested in you. You said that it's currently midterms at school, which may be in huge part the reason why she isn't replying as fast as she used to.

What Girls Said 8

• A reply a few hours even a day later...either busy or didn't wanna look lame

Not texting you at all...not interested. You would know if someone didn't get your text because you'd get a notification on your phone saying "message not sent". If you ain't get that, she just doesn't wanna text. I'm on my phone all the time,I pick and chose who I wanna return texts to

• it can be anything! happens a lot with me..i check my texts which were sent to me hours ago...either I didn't see the text as my phone was on silent or just in my bag or kept somewhere else or I could be busy and thinking that I will reply when I get time to do that properly..i only go crazy over texting when I'm completely free and have nothing else to do otherwise I do have a life! :p

• To answer the poll in your update, the answer is E, all of the above.

It really depends on the girl. I've forgotten my phone in the midst of texting a guy I really liked. I've also constantly texted guys that I only viewed as friends, and vice versa. I answer texts when I get them. But I can see how a girl would want to look like she has a life or not desperate. Depends on the girl.

• This is both the best and worst answer. lol

thanks!

• Considering the fact that it's midterms, I would think so. If she wants to go out with you a third time, she wants to go out with you a third time. She just might not be replying quickly now because she doesn't have the time at the moment to uphold that promise.

• I am just not going to message her for a week.

Its OK, another girl, possibly hotter asked me to lunch for this Thursday anyway.

When a girl plays games, and another doesn't, the girl playing games loses out.

• When I am interested I reply as soon as I see the text. When I am not interested I will usually reply hours later when I feel bad for ignoring them.

If a girl often doesn't reply in a timely manner she is most likely not interested. Best of luck.

• I am talking to a girl now that replies 6-12 hours later normally. In the first week she replied minutes later. We are in midterms at school. What is the best way to figure out if the girl is interested? Keep in mind we have gone out two times and she has insisted on a 3rd time out and where she pays. Is she really too busy to reply to a text in a timely manner?

• Depends on what the text said. Sometimes, if I don't want to seem too eager, I read their text then wait a little while before replying. Or if I'm not sure how to reply I take a while to think so I can keep the conversation flowing and keep it interesting. Its hard to say but maybe she's just waiting a while before replying? This happens to me with guys as well, usually takes them longer to reply to me lol.

• if we are interested in you we would respond you quickly even if we are busy otherwise we take our own sweet time to respond back that too just to be nice or sometimes totally forget about it

• If she does not reply in a timely manner, she's probably not interested. Sorry :/

• That sounds very reasonable. But I guess the problem is that I haven't had anyone reply in a timely manner for years.

• If she's not responsive through text, don't call. It will only make it worse

• yeah.. I am going wth the good old fashion..just stop talking or contacting her.

Girls seem to eat that sh*t up.

• Happens to me with guys all the time. Usually they aren't interested.

What Guys Said 4

• There is almost no such thing as not getting a text if you weren't immediately notified by your own phone. A girl saying that she didn't get your text is almost certain to be bullsh*t. Since I have owned a phone (obviously years) there have only been two times when a text was really not received. One was a girl texted me and I never got her text, but I happened to bump into her by chance ten minutes after I texted her holding my phone (I was waiting for her response) and she called me out on not replying back to her text which I never received. The second time was with my best friend who had no reason (also never has ignored any of my texts) to ignore my text since he was waiting on me and it only wasted his time.

Point is that it is ridiculously rare for a text not to be received and if a person uses that excuse a couple of times it's pure an utter bs.

• I say this is DEFINITELY her showing lack of interest, but is being too pathetic and passive to tell you directly.

---

Pending her phone's service was on...It's EXTREMELY low odds for her phone to mess up and not get your text within 24hrs.

If you're not in a signal area...once you get back, all your messages flood in.

If your phone is malfunctioning and you power-cycle it, you'll get all your messages flooded to you at once once it powers on.

If you swap phones...it takes about 4-6hrs to get service back to normal.

If her phone was stolen...even if she had to get it replaced, servers for cell phones keep a log of all your messages, so it will show up in her text messaging logs.

---

I agree with you; if she said she "didn't get your text", she's being a passive coward and doesn't want to be honest with you.

Rather pathetic and disrespectful I must say on her part.

---

Now (presuming you genuinely feel she's ignoring you for days on end due to lack of interest), if you want to be intense-and-psycho-spirited like me in this situation if I were you...I would call and text her, leaving voice mails and messaging in a stern fashion, asking her what her problem is and why she's not communicating back...

...

...

...just to rattle her and teach her a lesson about playing with ppl's feelings and emotions like that. (and no, passivity at the expense of someone's feelings and emotions shouldn't be allowed just because the person is female; post-feminism equality mean equality across the board, remember?)

---

Having a bit of fun dealing vigilante emotional punishment for her disrespectful actions,

is the least you can do! :-D

• just to rattle her and teach her a lesson about playing with ppl's feelings and emotions like that. (and no, passivity at the expense of someone's feelings and emotions shouldn't be allowed just because the person is female; post-feminism equality mean equality across the board, remember?)"

I actually did another post about this. I did this to another girl 2 years ago. She and I had a GREAT date and she wanted to do again. NEVER HEARD FROM HER AGAIN.

• Hey, just because some people always are checking their phones, that does not apply to everyone. Sometimes I don't notice if I get a message, and only notice when I check the time, which could be any time of the day, or I might just forget about it and check my phone only 2 days later.

And don't forget, in various work places, you're not allowed to have your phone with you.

So they probably reply when they can, or when they figure out what to write to a guy who's obviously trying to get with them through [text].

• Well either those, or she's not even deliberately "trying" to do any of those, she just does :P

• Barring the miniscule amount of times the phone messes up... yeah, she got your text, and didn't reply on purpose.

Best rule of thumb is with dates, one strike and she's out. Flakes on a date, doesn't reply to a text... it's trouble, she doesn't like you or plays games. Walk away.

• this girl and I have been on two dates..she asked for a third and offered to pay.

Hence my confusion.