Katie Holmes says "I'm done with dating actors."

Have you ever done this? Have you ever dated someone, and then cast off their whole subculture of people, because you fear they all have similar qualities?

While it may not be logical, I admit I have done it. I think it was just a natural reaction after the breakup. I decided "I'm done with dating musicians."

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated several sorority girls back in college and they all turned out to be some of the worst girls I've met. Since then I almost eliminate a girl completely if she tells me she's in a sorority. I'm working on fixing that because I don't want to be judgmental but I went through a lot of crap and drama with those types of girls.

• IMHO sororities (and fraternities) should be outlawed anyway. The only thing they really do anyway is haze people and run drunk parties, both of which are illegal. Just undercover crime rings that the college police are completely oblivious of.

• I was in a fraternity a not any of the things you mentioned happened in our chapter. Unfortunately there are swells of people who think Greek Life means they can do whatever they want. But one thing I studied, the ratio of drinking problems in Greek Life versus General Students. And they were nearly identical. Alcoholism happens everywhere, and there are jerks in all facets of life, Greek Life included. But that doesn't mean we're all bad.

• I'm sure you're right man and I apologize if I offended you. Like I said above, I don't want to judge, I've just been through so much crap with sorority girls and seen a couple of my friends lives go downhill after they went Greek. On top of that I see frat guys in the gym all the time talking how bad ass they are because they hooked up with a drunk chick at a party and sorority girls complaining why all the guys they hook up with are douchebags. I've just yet to meet a good Greek person.

What Guys Said 6

• No.

But I think Katie is right for not wanting to date actors. Actors have to play in love with beautiful costars all the time. Especially when they method act, this is just asking for trouble. People may think that cheaters cheat and faithful people don't, but it is not that simple. Avoiding opportunity is essential, even for faithful people. There always is that one day a person is vulnerable and you don't want your partner to be having sex scenes with a hot body that day.

• Since you bring this up and I heard someone say this on tv, that actors need to maybe look outside of hollywood for dating.

But if you think about it with all the stars dating and having kids.. what happens when the kids are grown and want to have kids when they might not know the person they get involved with is related to them?

In other words what I'm trying to say it's a closed circle.

• Problem is, the celebrities are out of the non-celebrities' league, such a relationship cannot work out.

• But is it just because of the money?

• No I haven't. And yes I agree it's not logical, but I understand the reaction. I personally think that reaction should be mostly ignored, but allow caution as while not all have similar qualities, many might.

• She should have said

"I'm done dating Scientologists"

Would have made A LOT more sense haha

• you decided you're done with dating broke wannabe musicians.

• Interesting comments so far, as for me, since I can't get a date anyway, I have no logical reason to be picky. However, I MUST stay in my league so I cannot date celebrities.

What Girls Said 6

• I've decided that I'm done with dating best guy friends after I dated one once and it ended horribly with terrible, residual aftermath.

I decided not to date guys who disagree with me politically after my most recent boyfriend. Not because I can't tolerate a difference of opinion, but because usually other people can't.

Now that it's been a long time since I've dated either one, I guess I could try it again. More so on the first than the second, but if either situation were to arise again I would be very careful.

• No, I'm not into this thinking at all. You can't put people into categories in life. Saying something like "i'm not dating...anymore" is stupid. It isn't the persons occupation, skin color, age, race, height, weight, schooling experience or any of those other things that matters, it's the persons individual personality.

• No but perhaps on occasion I could see the slip of tongue.

• Yeah, I'm probably done dating extroverted Australian guys.

• yea it happens, it's like that thing we learned in psychology, negative feedback or something when the cat gets electric shocked 3 times it becomes rehearsed and your brain memorizes the pain so you have learned to stay away! lol

for me personally, its gonna sound racist but just being honest here but I will never be friends with a pakistani person, after 5 friends, 3 who were BEST friends, I've learned that they are shady people who are jealous and cray cray and just not worth being friends with. :S

sounds awful but again its just who I am now.

• Jocks.

• I'm assuming you're saying you're done dating jocks? That's good, they'll just batter you anyway.

• Wow another wonderful stereotype rears it's ugly head. I played hockey in college, and to date I have yet to place hands on a woman. Also, I publicly spoke out to fellow athletes about supporting anti-abuse initiatives on campus, as well as getting them actively involved in the discussion about how to end cycles of violence. It's amazing how some people who remain on the outside will continue to paint others with a broad brush.

• omg he was teasing =P lol.