Will there ever be a second date?

I met this guy online. Before we actually went on a date we were texting pretty relentlessly for about a week. Finally we met for drinks on a Saturday night. We chatted for hours and before we knew it, the place was about ready to kick us out. We went back to my place and continued talking and getting to know each other, eventually it led to us hooking up. (I know, not cool, but we were safe, it was really good, and he knew he was my first date since I've been single) The morning wasn't awkward at all. We slept in, cuddled and kissed some more (even the sweet forehead kisses) . As he was leaving I suggested that we hangout again sometime. He mentioned that he was going to be swamped with work and also pointed out that I seemed to be busy for the next week too. Which was true. I was a little taken back by this and was actually quite surprised when he text me just a few hours later asking about my day. We texted for a couple days, but he hasn't asked me out again. Unlike before the date, the texts have been delayed and not overly flirty: just standard, 'how is your day?' After a few days of this, the texting has Almost stopped. I text him asking about his day and don't hear back from him for hours. It's like he's just being polite or something. I'm a little confused. If he wasn't interested, why text me anything at all after he left? Why keep up pointless texts if he has no intention of asking me out again? Is he really just too busy? I have been on the dating site I met him on, and it doesn't seem like he's been active on there since our date. I don't want to act all needy and ask him how he feels about me or nag at him for his slow responses. I've tried both responding quickly to his texts and have also responded hours later to not seem like he's driving me a little crazy. what's his game? I don't get him!

Most Helpful Guy

• Can I ask you a question? How did you have hours of conversation with him? Like what did you talk about? I'm having trouble with that right now...

To answer your question, just be patient. He told you ahead of time he was busy. A couple hour response is nothing to worry about. Most guys don't like texting. Guys text for a different purpose than girls do. If it's really nagging at you, call him and ask him out yourself. Doesn't always have to be the guy to ask.

• Convo came easy because we work in a similar business. He also grew up on a farm and I'm city girl, so that was hours of conversation sharing such different experiences growing up.. The best advice I can give you is to just ask a lot of questions- about anything. People generally love to talk about themselves, I think you 'll start to notice the conversation flowing when they ask questions back about you too.

What Guys Said 3

• Sounds like he had his mind made up the morning he left. You're not what he wants. Sorry it turned out that way, but that's just how it goes. I'd get over him and find another guy. Stop wasting your time.

• Just ask clearly rather than vague text msg. call him. Patience is waste of time.

• if you want a second date just ask him...but I feel like you already knew that...

What Girls Said 0