How different is the College dating scene vs. the High School dating scene?

So I am a senior in High School right now and haven't dated since my sophomore year because I got tired of the none sense accompanied with it. How much different is being college and looking for someone to be your significant other or potential spouse vs. the high school boyfriend/girlfriend? Right now I am kinda afraid of not being able to find someone to settle down with, I know its a large world and college will have an exponential amount more of people.

Most Helpful Guy

• From my experience, there aren't too many real relationships or dating that goes on at first. Almost all the girls and guys are just looking for sex with as many different kinds of people as they can f***. Mostly everyone has just been given an unadulterated chance to explore their own sexuality.

After that there's this sorta weird boyfriend/girlfriend thing that goes on. I've seen this happen multiple times with roommates and friends but anyway, No one really officially has a relationship but they chose a significant other that would be supremely displeased if one or the other would go hooking up with someone else.

I'm not sure why this happens but I could only deduce that it was some kind of insurance policy in case that some "cheating" did go on. Usually these faux-ships don' last over the course of 2 semesters or sometimes 1. I roomed with a football player one year and he had about 6 or 7 of these going on at the same time with the each of the girls thinking they were the only one, unknowing of the truth. So its confusing and tricky. Good luck bro.

What Girls Said 4

• There will most certainly be more hook-ups in college.

Real relationships are harder to come by, but when they do they are much more amazing, because you really get to know each other with minimal distraction from the real world.

But, really, just be comfortable with yourself and embrace the college experience -- it will change you.

• Basically it's the same but with less drama and social status doesn't mean as much. If people didn't like you in high school they're not going to magically like you in college, but your social status doesn't matter as much. Cliques pretty much don't exist anymore (except in the Greek system) and so people won't decide not to date you because you aren't in the same social group. It's a lot simpler.

• its not the scene, its the girl

you will still find high school type behavior from some girls, you'll find girls who only want to hook up, you'll find girls with unhealthy views of men, and you'll find girls who want a serious relationship. there are all types out there, you've just got to find the one you want.

• In college, people generally give less of a sh*t about who other people are dating. It SEEMS like there's less drama to deal with. But at the same time, it's harder to know where to even start.

What Guys Said 7

• Don't get your hopes up too much. Sure college girls are likely to be more willing, so to speak, but they are also more venal even than high school girls. And they nearly all have boyfriends back home.

Take things slowly and only think about the girls that you work with in your classses. Pay attention when you are eating together in a group and check out the dynamics of how they interact. Don't make a move until you're sure of your ground with her.

• I never liked the high school dating scene. The girls were really prudish about putting out.

College dating scene is cool, but a lot of the girls overvalue their worth and undervalue your time.

You know where the REAL goodness is at?

The college dropout dating scene.

Because when you don't have to worry about an exam in the morning, anything goes.

• No comparison. Walking or riding a bike.

• It's easier because college girls become more mature and become more open. Social status actually won't matter as much. But friends will always play a part in the girls' lives on who they should date and should not date. But yeah they will be pickier, so you better improve yourself when you get to college.

• I don't really think it is that different - how exactly can you foresee a complete change just because you go to a different type of school? Girls are girls no matter where you go.

• if you have had good luck in high school you will have good luck in college, if you didn't in high school then you probably won't in college, and girls become more picky in college

• Way better, simply. The high school dating scene is crap.

• Too true. High school relationships had so much drama, and everyone was up in each others' business. I'm a freshman in college and can already see the difference (at least where I'm at). Everyone is more chill, there's less pressure to date, etc.