Do you prefer do date someone from your country or a foreigner? Why?

in my case I am always intrigued by other cultures so guys that are exotic to me...and look very different from me and could never be confused as my brother ha ha what about you guys?

so what's your preference and why?

i think girls tend to like the outsider more than guys...

• I prefer people from my country
  • I prefer foreigners

Most Helpful Guy

• I only date foreigners women. In the USA I have to work to meet women and the bodies are different than foreign women. I leave the country and get laid in 100 words or less.

Here is what happens. The ego is in English and the filters are heavy. With a foreigner the filters do not work and are lost, the ego has no firm footing. Your thoughts are spirit to soul. So a smile is very important, a kind jester is magnified. Standing for a woman when she approaches a table will knock her socks off. The woman is in fantasy mode, pupil's dilated, licking her lips, hairs stand on her arms and excited with a simple touch. Then there is that horny look and it is amplified.

You the woman asking the question, know exactly what I mean. You know there is no comparison.

What Guys Said 11

• I prefer to te someone I truly love

• Foreign girls, eastern or orient women preferably, because it was American women who gave me my screen name lol.

• I think foreign is much more interesting.

• I'm attracted to girls outside my ethnicity lol

• i wouldn't care as long as she's my type

• Why isn't there a "I don't care where they're from" option?

• The only reason I'd prefer my own country is cause they are here to date >.> but I don't really care about the country they're from.

• Makes no difference to me.

• ONS, FWBs or short term gfs, I'll go for American girls.

Long term girlfriend, fiancée or wife, then I want a girl from Switzerland, Austria, Germany, Holland or Scandinavia only. Women from these countries are many times better than the local equivalents.

• Why is that?

• Too many bad experiences with the domestic offerings so it's been best if I go into it without getting my hopes all that high up, so if it is a just a FWB or short term and it ends in disappointment like it normally does then I didn't lose out on anything.

As for why from those countries, women from there somehow or rather feel a lot better to be with, they are far more independent, don't have as much religious baggage and usually to sniff out the whores/gold-diggers from the good ones.

• wow ok... very streotypic view I guess...

• I would say from my country, just to know that we are on the same page in more aspects. Although I do find other countries and cultures fascinating, I think it would be sort of out of my comfort zone.

• there generally isn't very many foreigners where I live anyways , so that's not really an option for me unless I wanted to move somewhere else

What Girls Said 15

• It's not that I'm opposed to dating someone from another country, but if I had to make a decision based on that trait alone I would choose someone from my own. I think it would be easier in a lot of ways. While I love visiting other countries, I don't want to move, so that's a huge complication.

• I've actually never dated someone "from my country", since I'm Italian and I've lived in the UK now for a number of years.

But I've always the type to love "foreign" things anyway, I want to travel a lot etc when I get older, so if I had to choose, I'd definitely prefer to date guys from other countries.

• I'm actually mixed race myself (two different continents), but I find myself more compatible with guys from the country I've lived in all my life - the uk. It's just a case of coming from a similar set of cultural norms. It doesn't mean I'm not attracted to people from other countries (I'm dating a foreigner at the moment), but sometimes values can vary drastically, for example, the norms in the treatment of kids.

But foreign accents are totally hot ;)

• I've never dated somebody from my own country. My boyfriend is foreign (from Serbia) and it's really fun to learn about his culture and language, all of that. He's white like me though so doesn't look that much different from me in terms of "exotic-ness" lol.

But I would not have a problem dating someone from my country either. But dating someone from another country is lots of fun =)

• I have no preference.

My heart sees whatever I consider attractive whether that person be

Black, Spanish, white, Indian, Asian etc.

• I don't really have a preference, that said- I'm from the US and my boyfriend is from England. (woo)

The only problem with foreign love interests are the down the road logistical ones. Example being if a pair were to get married and have kids, say they were both close to their families- where do you decide to live? The kids would seldom get to see one side of the family over the other. One of my friends is actually rather jealous I grew up close to my whole extended family while they don't really know any of theirs because they all live on the other side of the globe.

• I do have a preference on dating people outside my country, but it is not because of their race or any physical reason that attracts me. Their stories, culture and all the differences between us fascinate me. My boyfriend is a foreigner and I am never bored around him. The differences between us keeps out relationship interesting and exciting.

• Foreign guys have sexy accents and all, but I like having things in common with the people I date. Part of that is being from a similar background, and country of origin plays a big part of that. I would not object to dating a foreigner, though. I just don't think they're all that spectacular and they come with added hurdles.

• well you coud have a similar background with people of different countries than your own as long as the culture overall isn't too different...

• maybe in your case, in US, I hardly have things in common with guys in my country, guys are raised differently I would say

• Oh, I guess that makes sense. Here everyone is raised pretty much the same as anyone who grew up within a mile of them.

• Neither because it shouldn't matter where a person is from what matters is the fact that you love that person & want to be with them.

• my own country = personal prefernce

• haha I prefer not to date Asian guys (I live in asia) because I think majority Asian guy have conservative mind set (no offence meant)

• I've dated both and I don't care for whether they are from the same country as me or are foreigners. Two people meet, they like each other, and it just happens.

• i don't care where the person is from.

• Whhatever is fine

• My country. Cause I can expres what I feel and what I want to say way better in my language.