Are guys really as picky about weight as girls think?

We see it as we need to be completely thin and perfect, but do guys really care THAT much?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes and no. There's no clear cut answer to this because you are going to find both kinds of guys.

I'll be honest. There are a ton of guys who mostly only want the thin perfect girl. A lot of it is the brain washing they get from the media. Others are shallow.

The other thing is you're going to find guys who are picky, but not the way you think. Some guys really prefer the big beautiful women (BBW). It's another taste and it does exist beyond what the media wants you to believe.

And then you'll have the guys who aren't as picky. They'll have a broader rage of what they want. Generally, a key thing is that most men want someone healthy. So nothing on the extreme side. For the nonpicky guys this means anything from slim to heavy.

A guy doesn't really pick what he's attracted to. I can't tell you at all why I find some women attractive and others with very similar appearances not. I can say that I find women of all shapes attractive.

I'll let you in on one other little secret, but don't go telling the whole world. Yes, guys and girls don't think the same and everyone knows this, but just like women like a variety of different things in men, guys like a lot of different things in ladies.

So ladies, don't be afraid to be yourselves.

What Guys Said 9

• For myself, I do appreciate a girl who has a nice body.

Often times, when you hear certain people say that someone has to be shallow or immature to be picky in the kind of partner they want, the people who say that are the people who get passed over for others. It's called "sour grapes". They're just jealous that they can't get what they want, so they like to try to ruin it for people who have choices. There's a girl who answered this question who makes my point exactly.

The fact is, people who have choices choose to excercise those choices.

When he's the kind of guy who can have any girl he wants, he tends to choose a girl with a nice body.

It's always been a guy's desire to be with a girl who has a nice, thin feminine body.

Granted, there are a FEW desireable guys who aren't too choosy. BUT, you'll find that the guys who are willing to accept the large girls tend to be the kind of guys who don't really have too many choices.

Think back to high school, for example. Didn't you see the guys on the football and basketball team excercising their right to get the pretty girl?

And what about the guy on the debate team, or the chess club? If you saw them with a girl, she probably wasn't great to look at. And why? Was it because he didn't like pretty girls? No. It's because he couldn't GET one. ...

... Have you ever seen the prettiest girl in school the the biggest nerd in school? Probably not. And have you ever seen the captain of the football team with the ugliest girl in school? Probably not. That's because they have choices, and they chose to use the choices that they are entitled to.

So, not everything in this world is so nice, but things work the way they work. When a guy has choices, he excercises those choices. And when a girl has choices, she excercises those choices.

If you were to mistakenly believe it when some bitter, jealous, disgruntled person says that people who make the better choices are shallow, then you'd have to believe that EVERY person in the world is shallow. And of course that would be a mistake to believer that. People who have choices USE their choices.

Guys with status ( and/or lots of money ) have choices. And girls with good looks have choices.

So, people are picky when they CAN be. It's nice to have choices, and it's awfully hard to find a person who who isn't going to excercise the choices that they have, assuming that they DO HAVE choices.

When people have choices, they don't complain about the way things are.

The people who do the complaining tend to be the people who don't have choices.

I never met a guy who didn't want a hot girl. And I'm pretty sure I never met a girl who didn't want a rich guy. To want these things is perfectly natural and okay. ... The ones who complain about it are just bitter because they know they don't have the same kind of choices that certain other people have.

• Correction. .... In the 5th paragraph, I accidentally typed "the the". What I meant to type was "with the".

• It depends on the size of the guy. I'm pretty skinny, I go to the gym every day but still, I'm not too tall and I am skinny. That's why I only date slim girls, and I like them short too in general. I just love the feeling that I can carry her in my arms or something like this, it's cuter if there's a big difference between the guy and the girl in a couple.

But if a guy is bulky then he will probably not care that much at all! So it does depend. I say YES, I care. But those who think like me are often pretty skinny and those who say they don't care are taller and have bigger muscles. So all in all I would say no, guys aren't that picky ;)

• No we're not! That's why you never hear or read about guys trying to lose weight or being over concerned about our weight other than on the Biggest Loser. lol! Girls are the ones that are obsessed about how they look 24/7 and it's always been that way. They want to be beautiful and desirable so that they attract a husband someday. They're concerned about how they look to other men, other women and themselves as they pursue man, career or sports, etc. A little zit on their forehead will bother them and even spoil their day. Most men are only concerned about looking good enough to attract a girl for whatever purpose and to stay healthy and be able to participate in sports we may be interested in. We want to look nice of course so that we can be productive and pursue the careers we want, etc., but NO, most of us are not THAT concerned.

• Every guy is different. Some could care less what a girl looks like, some care more. In our age, its basically required that you be physically attracted to someone. But people don't realize that the more you get to know someone, the more attractive they will appear to you; hence why personality is more important than looks. Then again, people who are obese are naturally seen as unhealthy or lazy. A lot of stuff takes place.

Personally I like to be active so a girl that is also active is what I look for. That doesn't mean skinny, just in shape, like average.

• nope, as long they are not like super overweight , that just tells me she doesn't take care of herself.. I think maybe average, not too big , not too thin, if she goes to the gym or is active is in some way its a plus as I like to go to the gym and like to be active so I would like the person I'm with to be a bit active, I base myself mostly on the personality when it comes down to being/likeing someone , once they are a bit attractive to me..

• My bestfriend is quite over wieght and she eats way healthier than me and works out, plus she's gorgeous and a plus size model .. She was just born over weight it's genetic for her it doesn't mean that she doesn't take care of herself.. I just want everyone to know that!! Just because a person is big doesn't mean they over eat and don't care what they look like staying fit is tough .. I was born thin and I'm lazy as he'll I eat mcdonalds like every day and guess what I'm 5'8 and 130 pounds..

• Well that's just her body type then.

she should embrace it! :D

• No were not. Some guys like BIG girls, some guys like some what bigger "few extra pounds girls", some guys like average girls, some guys like thin girls.

Every guy has a preference. Of course media has a play in this, and makes us ALL want to be thin and sexy.

I still say beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

My friends joke with me and say I'm the perfect wingman, because I like bigger girls. I still think they are crazy as "bigger girls" sexy and beautiful.

• Yes. If you are one of those chubby girls who likes to think of herself as "athletic" or sell herself as "big boned" then you are largely mistaken. Us boys are mean, we moo and make farting noises when you walk by but you can't hear us :)

• I'm picky but that's just me.

• well all guys R different

but I'm guessing most guys prefer thin girls

but not bulimic or anorexic looking

What Girls Said 4

• na guys aren't to fussed . only the shallow retards are tht are picky

• i don't think they care about numbers or whatever - a girl that presents herself well is graet, as long as she's not like super overweight . a bit of chub is fine, I'm sure.

• Well,guys aren't that picky,but belive me,they DO judge a girl about her weight,hair,body-type,everything.I have 3 brothers and I know all their friends-they all do it.I think younger guys lookin' for a girl with perfect body,but I think older guys are more mature.

• Guys aren't really nitpicky like girls can be. "OMG I gained 3 pounds!" - He probably won't even notice. But they do like a girl to be attractive. All guys have different standards, I know guys who like them thick but that doesn't mean they like fat girls either. If they do like thick girls your waist to hip ratio has to be on point, not one of the chubby girls that call themselves thick. Basically the nicer your body is the easier it is to get a guy to look at you. You don't need to be thin, you just have to look hot, whatever look that is for you. Men care about looks.