Would you date someone who is getting a divorce?

Let's say you like someone and that person likes you too, you spend a lot of time together, you met their friends and family. You talk all the time, so you know they like you. But that person is married, and is getting a divorce. And is still living in the same house with their ex. How would you feel and what would you think? Would you even think of going out with someone like that?

What Guys Said 1

• Go out with, yes. Date seriously, no. This person is at least a YEAR away from their first serious date. They haven't done their rebound yet.

• I get what you're saying, if I really like him and tell him I want to just be friends for now. Because I don't want him to want to be single to have fun and go out later on. So how would I like tell him? I really do like him, how would I know he is serious with me or not?

• Trust me, you DO want him to be single, have fun, and go out later on. The emotional baggage SS talked about? You want him to take time to unpack that, or it's likely to leave a slime on your relationship.

He has some grieving to do, some thinking to do, some growing to do, some screaming to do, and some crying to do, ALL before he becomes a dateable guy again. Stay in touch, but stay away; let him know that you'll be around once this phase is over.

What Girls Said 1

• I wouldn't only because there is so much emotional involved with ending a relationship. I think that you should take a step back, let him deal with his divorce, then date him after a period of time. You don't really know what kind of emotional baggage he may be dragging around. Of course, this could have been something in the works for a while - but him living with his ex would raise all kind of red flags for me.

I would want someone who was free to focus on me and only me - but I guess I can be selfish that way.

Good luck.

• Yeah I know what you're saying. I know he was planing on leaving even before we met. And I know people who know him and say he really likes me, and say he and his wife are not inlove anymore. But like you said, I want someone who is free and all to myself. I just really like him too.