Is it harder for chubby girls with more fat to find love and find guys who even want to date them?

Chubby/slightly fat girls, what are your experiences with relationships and trying to get guys to take you seriously during dating?

I'm referring to girls who are just plain chubby and it's not sexy; it just looks sloppy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Definitely.

Plenty (maybe most) chubby girls find someone, but their choices are far more limited then they would be if they were average weight.

What Guys Said 5

• Chubby girls are just a bad as regular sized girls, they will complain they can't find love but ignore or reject 80% of the male population out of hand.

• as they should. just because someone is chubby doesn't mean they need to drop their standards. and guys who approach fat girls just because they have think they have low self esteem is weak.

• Of course it is, it depends.. Some girls have amazing curves and aren't an issue lol, but being fat is a turn off.

• It's rubbish, unless you're an overweight teenage girl surrounded by vain high school boys nobody gives a toss about weight and you would have no problem finding someone. By the way lots of chubby girls are very f***ing sexy!

• It true that chubby girls got it a lot harder to find someone.

• I know quite a few girls who are a bit on the chunky side, but who have never had problems getting a date or a relationship, so I don't think that's really the issue.

What Girls Said 1

• Good question! I'm not and ever will be TRYING to get a guy to take me seriously. If he doesn't he's not datable and in turn I accept if someone doesn't find me datable because of my weight.

That said, it was pretty hard to find someone when I was at my max weight, but I lost a lot and am feeling more confident. It's not really about the guys (let's face it, there are a lot of guys who'd never be attracted to an overweight girl), but rather about how I feel putting myself out there getting my flirt on. As long as you are not afraid of rejection, that is. In my experience what makes it really HARD to find a potential boyfriend / datable guy is that not only he has to like you for who you are and that includes your looks, but you have to like him also. You cannot settle for someone just because he doesn't have a problem with your weight. Result: I've probably had less dates & relationships than an average-weight girl, but that's okay.