If a girl does not reply to a text in a timely manner, is she not that into me?

Thinking about that movie, "hes just not that into you" I wonder if the reverse is true.

I know with women, they will almost chase a guy that they are into, and he can give pretty strong signs he doesn't want them, but they still push for it.

Now, guys text...and girls don't reply. I imagine if I were "that guy" she was totally into, she would text back soon, within an hour at least.

So, if she doesn't reply in a timely manner, then...?

A, B, or C,..

thoughts?

• She's just not that into me
  • She is trying not to look too desperate/eager
  • She is just busy and doesn't have her phone on her
Unrelated to the girl I was asking about, there is this girl I have been asking out for just under 2 years now.

She had seem interested, but I was never anything near a priority.

Anyway, she needed a ride to the cancer walk for the cure this morning and invited me.

We talked for just under two hours.

Now she REALLY LIKES ME!

Since this morning..she has texted me about 50 times via text conversation.

More than in the previous 2 years...

I guess there is my answer! lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd like for everyone to take a notice at the polls. See girls. when you worry about seeming "desperate/eager" all you're telling us guys is you're not interested in us. STOP DOING THAT! If you're interested, don't worry at all about coming off desperate or eager. Hell, EAGER IS A GOOD THING! It shows us you're interested in us and want to be with us and that gives us a boost to our confidence as well as making us more likely to be with you. Damn derpy woman logic -_-

What Girls Said 15

• It depends on the situation. If she's generally good with replying to texts, but every once in a while she takes a long time to respond, it's probably that she's busy. If she replies consistently but takes a while, she probably doesn't want to look needy/desperate. If she sometimes just doesn't respond and writes short abrupt texts, doesn't make an effort to keep the conversation going, then she's not interested.

However, there should be an "other" option. I'm in this situation right now where the guy that I'm interested in has sent me a text that left me completely perplexed and I don't know how to respond. Plus, I am busy so I'm going to respond later, when I have time and when I have figured out what I should say.

• This girl will text me quickly during the day, maybe when she is not busy doing anything else. But otherwise I find myself waiting 4 5 6..and one time even 10 hours for a reply.

• Sounds like she's busy later in the day, or that she doesn't have her phone on her late. It could also be that she forgets to reply for a few hours.

It's difficult to gauge interest based on texting habits. With the guy that I'm interested in, it can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 2 days for me to reply, depending on urgency and how busy I am

In response to what you said in the question, most girls don't like to do the chasing. We don't want to seem needy because it's a turn off for most guys.

• Really it could be any of the above. It depends on the girl and the situation. There is never one right answer with this type of thing. It would be convenient if we always knew what was going on, but nobody has that luxury.

• Depends on the girl and the situation. For me, it could be any one of these.

1. I do this if I'm not interested in a guy, but only if we've texted before and I know it isn't going anywhere, or I know the conversation will flop.

2. I find it extremely hard to do this if I really like you, so this isn't my first choice.

3. I work theatre/waiting tables like...80% of my time, so I often don't have my phone with me.

• C. If she's still answering I would not be worried. For me, I'm not by my phone a lot so I don't purposly not text by fast, it's just I'm busy. Now if I don't like the person I will not answer them at all. So if she's answering then I wouldn't be worried

• Well I personally am a really bad texter, so just because I'm not replying right away doesn't mean I don't care about him. On the other hand though, if the guy I like texts me then sometimes I'll reply back right away, but I don't want him to get the wrong idea so then I'll wait a while so he doesn't think I'm desperate. Haha guys aren't the only ones who like to play games. There will always be times where she may not have her phone, so you have to think logically that she may just not be able to reply. If that is a regular occurrence however she probably isn't that into you, OR she's majoring leading you on. I hope that helps.

• Texting a guy back right away is not a sign of being desperate. If he was taking to you face to face you would reply right away. If you really like a guy you wouldn't look at everything you do so eargerly as being desperate. If anything what you are doing is showing that you are not interested.

• @purplelove010 you maybe right that might be why I'm still not with him. we both give each other mixed signals but no girl wants to be easy to read. or at least I dont. but dude chances are if she is replying to you all day and not at night she is busy doing something or someone and that's why she is only replying part of the time.

• Any girl that is easy to read is a good thing.

The ONLY guys that take advantage of those types of girls that seem desperate are players.

The good guys wont.

• Sometimes, timing is everything. I feel a little sad at times when there is a mutual attraction but it does not coincide with my lifes current plans or schedules. I have learned that it is not always a matter of like or dislike but a matter of timing as well.

• I had a friend bring up timing recently.

It seems that girls need to be in the mindset of, "I feel sexy and want to meet a guy tonight/this weekend/this week" or the girl needs to be in the mindset of "I pretty desperate to meet someone", otherwise they don't seem to want to meet someone.

It is the weirdest thing that MANY girls I have known do not want to meet a guy if they are not wearing makeup. If a guy thinks she is hot without makeup, and she is not ready for him, it won't work out.

• Just because the problem seems to be solved for me doesn't mean it is solved for everyone.

And also,miss text 20 times a day has STILL not gone out with me. So she is just playing games most likely now...

• Well, I can't speak for all women, but as for me, my focus is my responsiblities and then working a relationship in. I do not like to play games. It takes many different personalities to make up this world and I am one of the few upfront about what I want. It scares some off but it leaves no questions. I suppose you need to look at the maturity levels and lifestyles of the women you are dating. Also be up front about expectations. Maybe "miss test 20 times a day" is just looking for social conta

• It really could be any of the choices.

Depends on the girl.

• I say A because if she really liked you she would try every way that she could to get in contact with you. If she was busy & didn't have her phone on her she would've let you know about it. Plus if she really liked you & if you really like her it wouldn't matter to her or to you rather yall coming off as desperate or not because you wouldn't look at it as being desperate when you really like someone.

• I had a question before about appearing desperate.

You agreed with my hypothesis with this great statement.

Plus if she really liked you & if you really like her it wouldn't matter to her or to you rather yall coming off as desperate or not because you wouldn't look at it as being desperate when you really like someone."

• Yeah I just find it weird that people think that you are being desperate jsut because you really like talking to someone & expressing how you feel to them!

• I choose A.

• i'd say a or c

• depends on the girl, I often text people back the next day because I'm lazy and forget about it.

• If she is consistently not replying in a timely manner then she's not that into you.

• You need an option D any of the above could be the reason.

• This is why when I meet a guy I really like and we exchange numbers, I tell him I'm not a huge texter. It takes a lot of pressure off of both of us. As long as she's replying at all, that's a good sign. I have been guilty of leaving my phone in another room, doing something to distract myself, and texting back hours later, hoping they don't think I was doing it on purpose. I have also received texts from guys and waited intentionally because I don't want to seem like I'm desperate. It could go either way.

I think the best way to figure out how interested or not interested she is, would be to talk more in person. That's a much better way to judge how she's feeling about you.

• i know that I will read a text from the guy I have had a big crush on for years and I will wait 30 minutes to an hour befor texting back and if he calls I let it go to voice mail and call back the next day. no matter how busy or un busy I am. I know stuid right! but the point is just because she takes for ever don't mean she ain't into you, because trust me I'm very much into this guy and have been for many years. I'm just hard headed, and play hard to get. and don't want him to know how much I'm into him. it looks said if a chick text right back, makes it look like she is waiting on that text or that call.

What Guys Said 12

• Yes, unless she is really busy with something, it means she's not that interested. But you know, most attractive girls are inundated with propositions from all kinds of guys, so you have to make a real impression on her before she even thinks about you, one way or the other. In other words, it's hard to get through their shell of indifference, and even get to know her a little, so that she actually thinks about you or even recognizes and remembers who you are.

• I am at the point with this girl that we have already gone out to lunch and dinner together.

I have learned since writing this that this girl doesn't like to reply to texts at night or hang out at night with people she doesn't know well.

• Oh, OK, my hunch was wrong! Would have helped if you had told us yu had already met and had lunch...

• glad you got it in this case. Good luck :)

The answer for the question you asked is otherwise lengthy ha ha

• This kind of questions show how we all create stories for our own success or failures. That's what Tony Robbins constantly warns us about. She's just busy!

• After reading the females comments, I would have to disagree.

• Well I mean in general. Even out of good manners a girl can respond. But in a love interest there's is obviously a hidden language not written in words... and I'm usually clueless about it. haha

• Pick your choice:

#-She's just not that into me

#-She is trying not to look too desperate/eager (this supposes she'd like to answer)

• if she doesn't respond she just isn't that interested , if she was interested she would reply at some point soon after you texted her she's not going to wait a week later to reply if she's interested

• she always replies. Just quickly one or two times we have had text convos. And besides that, she replies hours later. She always wants to go out..but takes forever to reply.

• If it happens all the time, then it's A. If she likes you, then it's B. But I voted C because from my experience, it's that. I rarely have a girl never replied to my messages. Only two girls did that to me. Like they have replied but there are times they don't reply to my messages.

• Probably. Though I've been dealing with a situation, girl who has a boyfriend but likes me, twice stopped replying to texts. Though she's been very flirty, and one of her friends has told me she likes me and I should ask her out, and another teasingly let me know that the girl texted her about me.

So, probably, but it's uncertain.

• I always think about stuff like this in reverse... If a girl texts me and I'm holding my phone, whether I like her or not I'm probably gonna reply. Sometimes I don't reply for a while because I don't have my phone on me or I'm too busy. I think girls are the same.

• Yo, you're asking the wrong Q here; a better Q would be:

"If she's not replying to me, should I waist my time with her?"

The answer is no. No matter the reason for her lack of timely replies, if she's not giving you the time you want, stop trying to get her to pay attention to you and find a girl that will do that on her own.

I just stop texting them if they don't reply, cause, f*** it, there's lots of girls I could be talking to, why waist my time with this one?

• I live in an area with about 55% men. I also live in an area surrounded by cornfields. Trust me, a hot girl is rare here.

• Oh, well that sucks.

• I always assume A. If a girl isn't into the conversation, she won't be responding as quick.

• As a guy, I usually try to text back right away, but sometimes I need time to think of what to say, something better than just a 'lol'. Something more meaningful...

• It could be A or B really.