Girls and Guys, What makes you date another person?

I used go out with what ever guy I thought was cute but now, I don't.

I'm not saying that now I'm going out with ugly guys. But now I'm looking more into the future of who is 'hubby' (husband) material.

Now I ask if I see myself married to this person and if I see him as a father material for my future kids.

I'm willing to wait if I have to.

I want a masculine yet gentleman type of guy. And those are rare to find.

But if I find a guy like those, I'm willing to date one or do what it takes to.

That's what makes me date another person.

But I will like to know what makes you want to date a certain someone.

Please and Thank you(:

• Looks
  • Personality
  • Husband/wife material
  • All of the above

Most Helpful Girl

• Personality is what I'd look for if I wanted to date since; if he has a good personality he automatically becomes marriage material type. Since; if he is a gentleman there is no doubt he would be a good husband. Looks are a perk - but if I found someone who had a great personality and wanted to marry me but was average I'd go for him. Men like them are hard to find. Besides, say you met a extremely good looking guy - but his personality was crap - within a week I'd want to go as far away from him as I could.

What Guys Said 11

• I said, "All of the above".

The reason:

A: I am looking for a wife, and not some random fling or f*ck buddy.

B: Personality is important to me. I have to get along with the woman. I don't like ghetto women, victim mentality women, and women with bad attitudes (arrogant, feels the world owes them something, needy).

C: Looks ARE EQUALLY IMPORTANT AS PERSONALITY. Looks are the thing that draws me in. If I am not attracted physically, it may not work.

The thing you have to consider is this: I am looking for a wife. My ideal wife must be someone I can appreciate in ALL ASPECTS. She must have an agreeable personality. I must be attracted to her, because I will have to wake up to her every day, for the rest of my life. If I am not attracted, there may be regret.

So in retrospect, she must have all of the above, in order for me to date/marry her.

• What makes me want to date a women.Is four things.

1.Is she close to her family because I am with mine

2.Is she good with kids.Because I have four siblings and love kids.I want kids someday.

3.Does she have a good sense of humor because this world is to serious already we need laughter.And I tend to be goofy so she needs to be able to laugh.

4.That she knows I will take care of her so she doesn't ever have to worry

• The ideal relationship for me is one I don't have to change to be a part of. There are a lot of interesting and attractive women that would make great wife material, but that doesn't mean a relationship will necessarily work.

When you say "do what it takes to," I would like to caution you and say that being open to the possibility of a man being a good guy is probably the only way to ensure that something will work. Being under 18 also, people in general get a lot more interesting and confident as they get older.

• Well for me there's 2 types of relationships, one that you're into for the sex, and another that you're into for the long term. For the long term I look for all the awesome things like if she plans out birthdays, events, etc..., she's someone that I could honestly spend everyday just doing anything and have fun with, she cooks etc... And obviously the sex must be somewhat good but she shouldn't be too wild. However I wouldn't be in this type of relationship right now even if I found that girl because at this point in my life Id just f*** it up anyway. So if I'm into it just for the sex the wilder the better. :P hope I helped

• C and D are basically the same thing in my book... Either way, everything factors in.

• Me personally, I just try to find someone whom I can carry a conversation with, and whom I can see myself with in the future. But there's times I go out just for fun, and other times that I do it because I'm tired of being alone.

• D: All of the above.

Looks - (decent) I want my children to look good.

Personality - So I can keep up with her.

Wife material - To the future

:)

• Personality is the only thing that truly matters> Looks is just a perk. Wife material ties into Personality.

• Yup^..personality is definitely Numero Uno...none of the rest of it matters if you cannot live together under the same roof...

• I picked b because if you have something in common then you can carry a conversation with

• I chose looks, because it's the first thing you see. If someone isn't attractive, I wouldn't approach them to try to get their number. But from there, personality is the most important in finding a long term relationship. I feel like husband/wife material is essentially the same as personality.

So looks are first dating, and personality is more important for anything beyond.

• Personality is everything. I've been tricked into dating girls that weren't as pretty as their profile pics. It's a thing that happens these days.

Usually I just keep dating them, if we got together based on our chemistry, it's most likely not going to be that big of an issue. Unless they're WAY different from their pic. Then it's not only unappealing from an aesthetic standpoint, but I wonder what else she's misreporting herself as.

The above is actually kind of strange, because I don't trust easy. I guess with all the superficiality in the world, it's easier to forgive.

Not looking for marriage, so the girl has to be pretty crafty to get me in that mindset. Mom tells me I'm a keeper, though. So I've got that going for me...

What Girls Said 14

• if their personality is great, I sometimes find I start becoming more physically attracted to them, in general though I look for husband material but that involves both attraction physically and personality as well as other things such as core values, chemistry, interests, etc.

• If I'm attracted to him, I have fun with him, and he has the qualities I'm looking for in a future husband, then I date him. :)

• Of course all of the above is preferable, but the primary thing I look for is husband material so I chose C.

It's weird to say that I look for someone who is husband material since I'm only 18, but my primary reason for dating is to find someone who I could end up married to. So I look for someone who is compatible with me and if along the way I find out that they are not then I try not to waste too much of both of our time.

• Right now I'm with my first boyfriend, and he haves what I'm looking for in a partner.

He's thoughtful, caring, sweet, funny, just as weird as I am, accepts me for me, he respect me and I respect him. And bonus is, he's attractive, family person, great with kids and not the jealous type.

We have a great time together and just being with him makes me more positive.

The important thing for me is that I'm clicking with the person, and I am with my boyfriend :)

• Lol.

I have always gone for personality...and I have been lucky to have found some with looks. But I regret turning them down due to my old bad habits. Now I'm looking for them and they aren't available.

• It used to just be personality, but with age has come the need to look for people who are in it for the long haul. Friendship or otherwise.

• i used to say personally but I want kids someday so I now would say husband material, and by golly I caught a fish lol hehehehe

• Ideally, all of the above. But personality first and then I go from there. I don't care how good of a husband I think he'll be or his looks, if he's a jerk then no deal!

• All the above is the best answer. He can have the looks & not be good to me. He can have the personality but I may not be satisfied with just that. He can be a good husband but I may not be satified with just that. So I say a combination of all.

• ...sorry but you're under 18, why do you care about if a guy is husband material?

and a&b

• I vote D Because I dream to have a perfectly life.

• I vote for B because is this a important factor.

• D, everything plays a roll

• do what it takes to? what does that mean? if you think having sex will make a guy want to date you, that isn't true.

anyway I want to date him if I like his personality, I am attracted to him, and we have some common factors esp education level and lifestyle. that's all..you can't know too much without getting to know another person on a few dates.

• Obviously someone has a dirty mind here. -_-

I meant like waiting for him til he is ready for a long relationship, being there for him, cook and take care of him. That's what I meant.